Watch as this 14 yr. old girl effortlessly plays Eruption...!!

Personally I find Eruption to be a pointless pile of wank to begin with, so a cover of it doesn't really interest me in the slightest. :|

I am unimpressed cause we've seen too many of those.
I *am* impressed because *I* still can't play it, even though I wouldn't mind.
When I heard it in 1978(?) I was hugely impressed. Me and my friend were like "No way!? That's a pedal effect for sure!!" :D
So it all depends on the angle...

Her version is impressive - her technique is very good.

There should be caveat on here:
If you want to say she's unimpressive then please post your video of you doing it with your comment so we can judge whether your opinion is relevant.
Same goes for you then. Where is your version? ;)

Why should a positive opinion be allowed a free pass then, or be more believable?
Maybe you totally suck and therefore you are impressed. We would need to know that to judge if your opinion is relevant, no?
What if I simply believed you, bought a third rate guitar player's CD to study him? All because I didn't know you don't even play guitar maybe? :mrgreen

They're just opinions though. Why would you believe an opinion without thought if it was backed up well?
It's still just an opinion, not info you can "take to the bank."

It's also your responsibility to check out the source.
If those people would do what you ask, it would be seen as showing off by most.

If by any chance you meant steadystate, he posted possibly one of te best Eruption covers ever years ago with the Axe-Fx Ultra still. I don't know if it's still online. I wish he would "show off" more clips, but I judge his opinion by reputation ;)

If you don't know someone's repuation, are too lazy to check out the source, or are kinda new anywhere, the burden is on you to catch up, isn't it?

But I do understand why you make your point. But it just won't ever happen.

Let's say you can play a lick much truer than what you see someone doing here and you post the video to prove it...
A percentage will take it apart from butthurt alone, misreading your intentions, etc. So why even bother?

DNW said:
Personally I find Eruption to be a pointless pile of wank to begin with, so a cover of it doesn't really interest me in the slightest.
I see you're still developing your musical taste, that's ok... ;)

Last edited:
I'm not impressed because she doesn't look happy. I'd love to be able to play something of my own to that standard on call. But I'd play something that feels fun with the phrases, otherwise the entire music is an exercise. Maybe that's why she's broadcasting that "meh, i'm so over this, ever since the last 99 times i played this perfectly" expression on her face.

Back
Top Bottom