Was there ever a consideration of different OS's for different types of players?

mikeyg

Experienced
For example, a metal focused install, a country/clean/jazz install, a boutique pedal focused install, a classic rock install?

I realize that in a particular genre, all amps become slight variations of one another... but... if I were a metal guy, as one example, there may be little use for a tweed or a twin or a Supro, but getting other esoteric metal amps would definitely be of interest...

I've been toying with getting a Kemper to go along with my axe, because I have truly unlimited amps to choose from.

If Fractal did what I am suggesting, don't you think it could open up the product to new customers?

Thoughts?

So you think that having a firmware that takes away amp choices would make it appeal to more people ? I don’t get it.....

Just becasue someone is a long hair, dressed in black rocker means they can’t also find some use for some amps that do great cleans ?

Just because someone plays some classic country means they can’t also have an inner metal head and enjoy playing some 80’s thrash classics in their free time ?

Why not provide as many tools as possible, without labels or preconceived context, and simply let users determine if and how they will use a given amp model ?

I used to hate when Amplitube did their bundles. I had zero want for their “metal” amps, but they had a Big Muff in the collection I wanted, but I wanted it for Gilmour style, not metal, so why make me buy a collection for one thing ? Makes no sense....

I don’t understand why people want every amp ever.

Because if I had just one more tool, be it an amp, a pedal, a guitar etc, I’d finally become an amazing player.

I think the III is holding me back frankly... just not enough tonal variety. It’s not that I’m a middle aged guy who doesn’t spend much time on guitar, doesn’t practice, isn’t really creative etc... it’s that I don’t have model X. I’m sure if I had it I’d suddenly become this monster player and my life would totally change.....

Anyways, that what I tell myself lol

Why limit what the box can do? To take one example, the "heavy" amps can be used in so many different situations that have nothing to do with metal. And if there was a country version, what about all the modern country that uses Rectifiers and etc?

Don’t forget that we can make “amp pedals” from the pre-amp section of the amp block, then place that in front of another amp block for coolness/moar tone sculpting. I.E. Bogner amp pedal.

I don’t understand why people want every amp ever.

Then one could legitimately ask, why does the Axe currently have well over 50 high gain amps?

I'm just saying different folks have different needs. Ever notice Chappers in his demos... he's anxious to get through the clean demos because he's a shredder.

I'm not sure how practical this is, from a technical standpoint. Only Cliff could answer...

Because if I had just one more tool, be it an amp, a pedal, a guitar etc, I’d finally become an amazing player.

Ok so your argument is that the 1000 tools in the Axe were a must have for you. But 1010 is just silly greediness? And that's not even my proposal... my proposal is shuffle the 1000 towards a particular end user. Same hardware... different firmware.

I didn't come here to argue guys... honestly. I personally use many different tones from all eras. So my hypothetical question doesn't even apply to me.... im happy with what I have in the Axe II and dont even feel a need for the III.

You want a Metal version of the Axe

\m/

I like 80s metal, some early 90s like AIC... but I also love Cream, Dick Dale, Thin Lizzy, Aerosmith...

My question is purely hypothetical ... but yeah, having a Kemper and being able to try esoteric unobtanium type amps would be kinda cool. I've always wondered what a Mezzabarba sounds like.. or a Watkins Dominator... or the new Redplate Magica

Ok so your argument is that the 1000 tools in the Axe were a must have for you. But 1010 is just silly greediness? And that's not even my proposal... my proposal is shuffle the 1000 towards a particular end user. Same hardware... different firmware.

I didn't come here to argue guys... honestly. I personally use many different tones from all eras. So my hypothetical question doesn't even apply to me.... im happy with what I have in the Axe II and dont even feel a need for the III.

No, my “argument”, which was really nothing but sarcasm, and in response to Chris’s question of why anyone “needs” another amp. If the current tools don’t make the player, then one more amp, or pedal etc, won’t either.

If a golfer isn’t on the PGA already, then going out and buying yet another new driver, is magically going to turn them into a tour player from a guy who shoots in the 100’s, but we still like to dream. More amps is the same way.... I can’t play like Gilmour, never will, but I can tell myself if Cliff added a new muff fuzz I magically would. Always nice to have that missing piece so we have an excuse lol

Of which, how does one shuffle the gear towards a given user ?

Didn’t Metallica for example use a jc120 for cleans ? Is a Jazz Chorus a “Metal” amp?

what if I want a HM2 pedal model for Gilmour tones ? Do I need to load the metal firmware because of the users who want the Swede Chainsaw tone ?

I just don’t see how anyone could take all the amps, pedals etc in the Axe and tell anyone who it’s for and who it’s not for.

If I like using a Boogie for cleans do I lose it because it’s for the metal guys ?

If anyone is bothered having a wide range of tones and amps available they are free to delete all the presets and load blank ones and then just add a few presets in a given style. No “anxiety” having cleans in there, just shred and the “brootlz”, if one so pleases.

I personally love lots of styles of music, own lots of guitars, play different styles in different moods, and I love having a modeler that can go from crushing metal to clean fingerpicked stuff at the press of a button.

This crops up every now and then. Sort of a 'cook your own' FW. Pick the amps you want, etc. Never could understand why you'd want that. But it's usually around a concept of a 'mini' AxeFX where you could only have 5 (or whatever) amps and a handful of FX.

Not sure about the thirst for new amps...with 200+ amps, almost unlimited cabs, the EQ tools we possess, is there really anything we can't emulate convincingly now?

Back
Top Bottom