Was there a problem with any Fractal firmware updates that broke the internet?

Mac Sierra, High Sierra and soon Mavericks. This has been an ongoing problem. I had at first thought I isolated it to my ISP. When I connected any computer, any of my three, to this modem in my studio, things stopped functioning on the internet. I have two independent ISP accounts and modems. When I hook any of those other computers to the other modem, things work perfectly. Ah. Problem isolated. I had Comcast, who denied there was an issue - it took FOUR VISITS - until I showed this to them. New modem. It worked for about a day before it started failing again. Then I tried removing the driver. NO ONE had reported this as a problem. I tend to be the odd corner case guy.

The developer is a guy much like Cliff. He codes everything himself. We've looked at everything. He understands that the driver seems to be the issues but can't see any cause. Now it's in public beta - so I can probably say - but ONE person reported this on an audio forum. So the developer asked what other things I have installed in April. We took a look. He thought perhaps there's something in his code that is conflicting with something else. Omnisphere and a few random things.

Firmware, yes. But was there a driver installed? I don't remember.

Is this a Hackintosh?

Back
Top Bottom