warranty ? do I have to register my axe fx 2

mjonesjr8

is there anything I need to do to register it for the
1 year warranty? I bought it off Ebay it was brand new in the box.

Thanks

Seriously, wow that just stinks and makes no sense.
No really.. it was not sold on eBay by Fractal or an "authorized" dealer (of which there is only one in the US and one in Europe and they don't sell on eBay), so why should Fractal honor the warranty. Most companies will not honor the warranty on a NIB item if sold by an individual on eBay. They will if sold ONLY by an authorized dealer. Your seller should have made it clear there is no warranty.

Reactions: DLM
I saw where they got them used and Cliff takes care of the person who bought it unless it changed, Best service in the bizz

I don't know that it would have a full warranty. You'd need the original sales receipt probably. When you buy in the US, typically you'd buy from Fractal, and they know who bought the product and when. Not saying Fractal wouldn't help you out if there was a problem. I don't know if they would or not, though typically I'd guess they'd be quite helpful in any case. I'm just saying that you can't go and buy something from an unauthorized seller on e-bay and expect a company warranty. That's unrealistic to expect from any company.

^^^ only way I can see that is if the seller is offering to have the buyer return it to him and he sends it back to G66 if it needs warranty work. That's the only way that would work.

^^^ only way I can see that is if the seller is offering to have the buyer return it to him and he sends it back to G66 if it needs warranty work. That's the only way that would work.

When I wanted to buy a used Standard (originally purchased from G66) a few years ago Sussi told the seller to give the new onwer's name so I could take advantage of G66's customer service.
I have no idea if warranty transfers are still possible.

G66 is the only place to get Axe service in Europe isn't it? Regardless of warranty, anyone buying a used Axe would want / need to know that I'm sure.

warranty

when I was in the market for a used Ultra I asked Sussi at g66 if warrenty would be valid/ covered if I bought a unit under the warranty age.

The answer was that I should give the registration number and she would check if it was 1. bought at g66 2. If it was within the warranty period.

If both were positive warranty would be valid.

If this has changed? I dont think so. BUT an email to g66 would give the answer :)

And I agree with some of the other posts:

GREAT service!

Greetings
AAEN

when I was in the market for a used Ultra I asked Sussi at g66 if warrenty would be valid/ covered if I bought a unit under the warranty age.

The answer was that I should give the registration number and she would check if it was 1. bought at g66 2. If it was within the warranty period.

If both were positive warranty would be valid.

If this has changed? I dont think so. BUT an email to g66 would give the answer :)

And I agree with some of the other posts:

GREAT service!

Greetings
AAEN
OK, so based on this and other posts, maybe G66 will honor the warranty between owners as long as the original warranty period has not expired. As an independent "authorized" Fractal dealer, that would be their choice. But as DLM stated above, in the US that is unlikely to be the case for most products, and unless the warranty is transferable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom