WARNING: know what you are doing before using Axe-Edit to reset AMP blocks

Piing

Axe-Master
I've been talking with a friend that has been using the Axe-Edit "Reset Amp Block" feature to reset all the presets, including the factory presets, every time that a new Firmware has been released, including minor releases.

He was not aware that Axe-Edit only preserves the basic parameters, and resets all the the other parameters to default. That includes Input and Output EQ, Speaker, Dynamics, etc

Example: factory preset "Petrucci Rig" is using the 5 Band (Mark) Output EQ. This is how it looks before amp reset:
082 Pettrucci Rig (before).png

And after amp reset:
082 Pettrucci Rig (after).png

If you reset everything like that, you spoil the essence of all the presets that use advanced parameters.

To reset the amps I always use FracTool because it allows you to select which parameters to preserve.

1663291221362.png

Last edited:
+1!
Didn't know about that (I guess I've never used this feature so far but it might be way important). Thank you!

I've found occasions where a FW update makes it worthwhile to start from scratch, but on an individual preset basis. Mostly, small adjustments work well and more efficiently, especially considering how often Cliff updates and improves the FW -- work that so many of us deeply appreciate.

I've been talking with a friend that has been using the Axe-Edit "Reset Amp Block" feature to reset all the presets, including the factory presets, every time that a new Firmware has been released, including minor releases.

He was not aware that Axe-Edit only preserves the basic parameters, and resets all the the other parameters to default. That includes Input and Output EQ, Speaker, Dynamics, etc

Example: factory preset "Petrucci Rig" is using the 5 Band (Mark) Output EQ. This is how it looks before amp reset:
View attachment 108495

And after amp reset:
View attachment 108496

If you reset everything like that, you spoil the essence of all the presets that use advanced parameters.

To reset the amps I always use FracTool because it allows you to select which parameters to preserve.

View attachment 108497
This would explain why some hate the sound of factory presets …

Wait, am I missing something?

I thought the amp reset would rest everything...I don't recall resetting an amp block and the advanced or basic parameters were mantained...

Holy crap, thank you! I just reloaded the latest presets after the amp block reset, another easy fix.

Back
Top Bottom