Warm Audio weirdness, imho!

Stratman68

Axe-Master
So kind of working my way towards the WA-47, but 2 things bug me.
1st-read the preamp is propietory, so it goes, no mic. Can't use generic tube mic preamp. Now I do not know if thats true-I have an email into Warm audio.
Is this pretty much true for most tube mics?

2nd-thgis one is just, WHY? Google or Warm Audio itself lists the weight of the mic as 9lbs????? OK I get it's the preamp etc.
But you would think on their own website they would list the weight of the MIC ONLY-it is somewhat important as far as stands, booms, etc go, mean my Stellar CM5 comes in at 2.2lbs mic only and to me that is heavy.

Last edited:
That’s not a preamp, it‘s the power supply.
OK . I stand corrected. Is it propietory. idk, maybe they all are. Would like to know though..

BTW
preamplifier
: an amplifier designed to amplify extremely weak electrical signals before they are fed to additional amplifier circuits.

Last edited:
A typical tube mic needs its own power supply, and also a preamp. What Axeman said

if you don’t want the hassle try one of the FET models.. no power supply needed (other than typical 48 volt phantom from your pre)

The original U47 is spec'd at 1.5 lbs, so I'd bet the WA version is likely close to that. Pretty dumb that WA didn't list it in their specs.

The original U47 is spec'd at 1.5 lbs, so I'd bet the WA version is likely close to that. Pretty dumb that WA didn't list it in their specs.
I searched and came up with everything from 9lbs to 16lbs. But as stated, on the Warm website it's listed as 9lbs.

Back
Top Bottom