wanting to buy but have questions?

rectifier

Inspired
i have played dual rectos and recently roadster mesa's...and love the tone and thickness i get with these heads...but am tired of carrying all this stuff around....i have heard tons of clips but nothing thick and heavy,,,all just very wet and weird sounds...can this thing get a thick mesa type tone and yet be responsive?.. for me the effects are just frosting on the cake,,but the meat and potatoes has to be a great distorted sound...most clips i have heard sound thin..that may be because the user wanted it that way who knows...i really am looking for grail in a box but have not heard proof yet...the marshall tones sound good but nothing thick and heavy...not metal either..something like the sound from the band RA when they redid every little thing she does, by the police : hell even something like the nickleback recto sound would be ok...if i could get some air moving..hehe

If it helps, I know a guy on another forum (he's probably here, too, but I haven't noticed him) who is a huge Mesa fan. He had Mesa amps and was never happy with modelers he tried to use to simplify things. He got a Vetta II and hated it. He loved the Axe-FX, though. He ended up running it through a Carvin DCM 600 and a Mesa cab, and now he doesn't even use his Mesa amps anymore. He even uses the Axe-FX to record, though he's picky enough that cab impulses aren't good enough, so he actually mics the cab.

thanks guys...was that the ultra or standard?...i assume they both have the same amp sims just more effects on the ultra..

If you're talking to me, the guy I'm talking about has a Standard, but yeah, the amp sims are exactly the same on both units.

rectifier said:
do you have one tom?..if so what midi controller do you use and do you use the ax live

Dude, just check out some of the awesome players now using the Axe, both live and in the studio: Dweezil Zappa, Larry Mitchell, Ed Degenero and many more. If it works for them, it should work for you ;) :cool:

You should read more in this forum to find out how fantastic the axe is.

I used to have a mesa lonestar and I loved that amp, after two months with the axe I sold the lonestar. Don't miss a thing. The Axe is hands down the best buy of the century for me in any category.

I myself don't have one... yet. My Ultra is getting shipped out Monday. I plan to pair it up with a Carvin DCM power amp (currently on its way to me in the mail) and a Liquid Foot MIDI controller (if I can just get the site to work properly for me), and I'm going to use it both live and for recording. That probably doesn't help you too much, though.

Tom said:
I myself don't have one... yet. My Ultra is getting shipped out Monday. I plan to pair it up with a Carvin DCM power amp (currently on its way to me in the mail) and a Liquid Foot MIDI controller (if I can just get the site to work properly for me), and I'm going to use it both live and for recording. That probably doesn't help you too much, though.

One the liquid foot ordering page. Click on the comments section then hit the TAB key the button should appear. Odd glitch.

I was able to get to the submit button by disabling page styles in Firefox, but I've tried twice now, and I haven't gotten an email response. I think I'm just going to have to go to the forums.

I've played rectos (dual and triple) in the past. I am really really happy with the recto sims in the axe. It simulates, as you may or may not know, the red and the orange dual recto channels (old type) and one of the channels on the newer three channel recto. Also there are many other mesa sounds, they all sound great, but just wanted to tell you that yeah; the rectos sound amazing. Am going to use the recto orange and red sims on my upcoming album.

danielodland said:
It simulates, as you may or may not know, the red and the orange dual recto channels (old type) and one of the channels on the newer three channel recto.

Actually,
Axe-FX wiki said:
RECTO Orange = Mesa Dual Rectifier (version 1)
RECTO Red = Triaxis LD1 Red w/"recto mod". The power amp portion is identical to Recto1.

But yeah, what I've heard of them is quite good.

thanks man..good to hear i will be able to get some convincing recto sounds out of it...the older rectos are the ones i really like anyway..i still have an early 2 channel recto, and just sold the roadster i had in the classifieds..the axe will be the replacement.

Tom said:
danielodland said:
It simulates, as you may or may not know, the red and the orange dual recto channels (old type) and one of the channels on the newer three channel recto.

Actually,
Axe-FX wiki said:
RECTO Red = Triaxis LD1 Red w/"recto mod". The power amp portion is identical to Recto1.

Oh thanks, good thing someone's alert =) I think the orange channel on a dual recto is really the main reason for buying one. It can handle crunch, but I think the orange channel is one of the coolest higain sounds in the world, at least for aggressive stuff.

Funny you say that .. Recto Orange become my fav and go to live sound since it was updated in v7 ... I just love it,

Mik.

danielodland said:
Tom said:
danielodland said:

Actually,
Axe-FX wiki said:

Oh thanks, good thing someone's alert =) I think the orange channel on a dual recto is really the main reason for buying one. It can handle crunch, but I think the orange channel is one of the coolest higain sounds in the world, at least for aggressive stuff.

Back
Top Bottom