Wanting an AX8 but...

VeryBadMan

Experienced
Long time fractal user here. I was thinking the AXE8 would be a perfect way to downsize my rig for shows , travelling ect. I run my AXEfx via usb into laptop ( or pc ) for backing tracks, program music , jamming.
Do I understand correctly that with the AX8 I cant do this ? Um why ?
Does one need to use an external interface to accomplish this simple task? I have a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 but that means more stuff, cables, boxes , headaches , confusion.
Kind of a deal breaker. Is there a way to do this with the ax8 , simply ?

thanks VBM

No, the AX8 is not an audio interface/soundcard. Its only a midi usb interface. You better stick with your axe fx.

I run my AX-8 into my pa monitors and use the effects loop( on the AX-8) with a double 1/4 ts to single 1/8 trs to play backing tracks from the computer through the monitors. if you are not recording this works just fine.

I went for downsizing foot controller for travel gigs. Too spoiled with all nice AXE-FX II features AX8 wasn't really an option. I restructured my presets to fit better with the MorningstarFX MC6. Great little midi controller.

Hey thanks. The form and foot controller factor of the AX8 are perfect for my needs. I was thinking of adding a MFC to my AXEFXII rig, but that would be adding even more STUFF. Playing backing tracks for my solos are an important part of my shows so if a simple interface could do that I'd be golden. Itchy trigger pulling finger eeek.

I can't comment on the quality, but something like this might work if you don't want the all baggage of a full interface.
BEHRINGER LINE 2 USB

614kBoCLMsL._SL1000_.jpg

I run my AX-8 into my pa monitors and use the effects loop( on the AX-8) with a double 1/4 ts to single 1/8 trs to play backing tracks from the computer through the monitors. if you are not recording this works just fine.

I do a similar thing. I am now setting up an old iPhone as a Sample Player, for which I make the samples for special effects or some small keyboard parts. I put an effect loop block on it's own line at the end of the grid. I have 2 1/4" outs on my sampler interface and plug into the left and right effects return on my AX8 (or AXE FX II), and then I trigger them from a foot pedal. Since I run FRFR, I hear the samples in my "guitar PA" (Matrix power amp and 2 Matrix CFR12 wedges), and the signal goes to the board via my AXE outputs on the guitar channels. I happened to set the output volume of the effect loop block to 8 to mix it in with my guitar.

Easy Peazy!

Back
Top Bottom