Wanted to share a FW 14.04 Beta improvement (Audio Clip)

In all honesty I am still so blown away by 14.02 that I'm not hitting "refresh" every five minutes to see if 14.04 was posted.

Testing out the beta for the 14.04 release this evening and wanted to share a nice improvement.

I seem to be able to "grip" the midrange frequencies a bit better which gives me a stringy woody sound that I really hear as "my guitar" in the low mids as well as better control over how the frequencies dynamically react.

I tried showing that that in this clip of the Plexi 100:

This new firmware has improvements targeting those non master volume vintage amps that us vintage nuts just love. Its a step in the right direction for sure.

Wow...just....WOW!

That sounds awesome!

On a side note, I just got a baritone Ibanez and was playing crushing riffs thru the Axe-FXII, specifically using the 5153 Red and just smoked.

using the 5153 Red and just smoked.

Valve failure..?
unsure.gif

Testing out the beta for the 14.04 release this evening and wanted to share a nice improvement.

I seem to be able to "grip" the midrange frequencies a bit better which gives me a stringy woody sound that I really hear as "my guitar" in the low mids as well as better control over how the frequencies dynamically react.

I tried showing that that in this clip of the Plexi 100:

This new firmware has improvements targeting those non master volume vintage amps that us vintage nuts just love. Its a step in the right direction for sure.
That sounds sweet. Shades of Blackmore in that tone. Nice :)

Man these clips have me jonesing so hard for an Axe. I'm still on the waiting list. I can't wait to get those sweet cranked plexi tones without having to get a divorce and noise ordinance violation fines.

I can't wait to get those sweet cranked *insert amp here* tones without having to get noise ordinance violation fines.

Pretty much the main reason I sold my old tube rig and got the XL.. I live about a block from the police & sheriff dept now in my town lol. Also, the sound, feel, and versatility :devilish:

Maybe Cliff can create an "Add Tequila" variable that with simultaneously make you think you are playing MUCH better than you really are whilst making you forget you aren't wireless for the gig and that that guitar cable WILL come unplugged out of your pedalboard during your running around the stage solo.

Good times.

Back
Top Bottom