Wanted: Fav Buttery Presets

kartman

Inspired
Hey, Gang...

Loaded Q2.0 this weekend and picked an amp (Buttery)... I just spent some time tinkering about using my ear and some of the other posts I've found about setting this model up. I'll be honest, I'm totally winging it. :) I was just using an AMP --> CAB --> REVERB grid.

I was wondering if a few of you would mind sharing your fav presets for this amp. Still learning... I'm curious to hear the presets and compare settings. I'm also curious what IRs other users have chosen to pair up with this amp.

Many thanx to this awesome community...

-Mike

i like the buttery too - for a nice crunchy lead tone with tons of dynamics, try

drive = 6
bass = 3.5
bass cut = on
mid = 6
fat = on
treble = 6
bright = off
hi cut = 0
master = 10

into a stereo cab with factory 93 and factory 106
add some tape preamp in the cab block if you like with drive and sat = 2
or set motor drive at about 1

adjust input trim to find the sweet spot

i like it on position 4 (neck and middle single coils)

add some tape preamp in the cab block if you like with drive and sat = 2
or set motor drive at about 1

Thanx so much... Interestingly, I seem to have fumbled my way to something pretty close to your suggestions. I will duplicate your settings tonight and compare. Just curious, what effect are you looking for by adding the tape preamp or motor drive? I will A/B later to compare but I'm wondering what you feel is the impact on the overall tone!

Cheers, Mike

TJust curious, what effect are you looking for by adding the tape preamp or motor drive? I will A/B later to compare but I'm wondering what you feel is the impact on the overall tone!

Cheers, Mike

both in the cab block. use your ears!

Mike here is a preset with a bunch of different drive pedals in the scenes. The Buttery model is great with pedals. Try the different amp blocks also.

Attachments

• Buttery Lead.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 20
both in the cab block. use your ears!

:) always do... I was asking more for the thought process behind the adjustment. Just wondering how widely it's employed by others that regularly produce presets. I'm still learning. Results are good (i.e. ears) but I'm trying to understand the why too.

Cheers, Mike

well motor drive simulates the sound of a speaker being pushed hard. it adds a little compression and "bounce" i find. i use it on nearly all my presets where the amp is being driven hard and would be very loud if it were a real amp. the preamp stuff in the cab block simulates a recording console and increasing drive and saturation simulates the effect of natural tape compression.

yeah the cab preamp is pretty subtle, you hear the motor drive quick.

love the Buttery model, just crank the master, drive to taste and eq where you like it. it can cover a lot of ground.

Back
Top Bottom