Wanted: Amps to Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, forgot the "busting your balls" part again :D

At least, since my post people are now actually offering to send amps instead of whining for others to send bass amps... :p

...ok...whatever... (where's that face palm emoticon when you need it?!!!)

I know,but EQ does make the sound..
And sometimes it`s darn cool..to have the Sound of the amp,even if you dont have it. Get me??
You're not getting it, like you said before...

- There are amps in the Axe that don't even seem to catch the real one good enough (which seems kind of understandable to me), so how could you "simply" TM just any one amp at all? (I hope not, or real amps will die out *too* soon) I understand it's useful, unless you really *love* that amp, then you'll want to get closer and have it at least as a model, so you don't only get a big part of the sound in one setting.
- the sound is just a "small" part of the total experience. Ideally, you'd want "the full organic experience" modelled (sound, feel, fragile harmonics and all ;))
- a TM preset from someone else was made with their specific PU's and playing style and will sound best on their guitar (or am I wrong there?) I've not yet had a kick from someone else's TM preset.

You're not getting it, like you said before...

- There are amps in the Axe that don't even seem to catch the real one good enough (which seems kind of understandable to me), so how could you "simply" TM just any one amp at all? (I hope not, or real amps will die out *too* soon) I understand it's useful, unless you really *love* that amp, then you'll want to get closer and have it at least as a model, so you don't only get a big part of the sound in one setting.
- the sound is just a "small" part of the total experience. Ideally, you'd want "the full organic experience" modelled (sound, feel, fragile harmonics and all ;))
- a TM preset from someone else was made with their specific PU's and playing style and will sound best on their guitar (or am I wrong there?) I've not yet had a kick from someone else's TM preset.

Yeap,i dont get it..
you that is..

It`s a cool TOOL to have (in the box) i dont "need" any more amps.
"but" it`s cool to have the "tone" and nearly the feel of a TM`d amp

I made 50-60 TM amps,and they all sound Real to me. And i use them in recordings. This is all about eq,tone..

If you dont like it,then..dont use them :)
Easy

+1 on a "donate" account... Carr, Two Rock, Gibson, Supro and rare and strange amps would be cool.

BTW: I can send my Fractal unit. It has a lot of great amps :D

I have a Gallien Krueger 2000CPL preamp (Alex Lifeson "A Show Of Hands" Era). Distinctly solid state sounding but very musical with signature chorus sound. Cleans almost rockman-like and distortion is too, but more natural and shapable. A fun departure from tubes from time to time.

The only real "vintage" amp I still have is an Ampeg VT-40. I would be willing to ship it if someone (or many) would pay return

I gotta say, this is a really cool offer!

I've got a tuxedo 6g6b Bassman, the OT isn't original, but all the wiring on the inside is. The 6g6b is the blonde Bassman circuit. It's a cool amp- used by Brian Setzer, and it's the amp used on A Good Horse by the Cardigans... A lot of Beatles tunes were also recorded with the 6g6b, and Pete Townsend used to use one in the early days of the Who. It might be too similar to the AB165 Bassman model we already have, but I would be happy to ship it for the good of the order... It needs a bias, so I'd want to take it to my tech first, but it'd be awesome to have in the Axe arsenal!

Doesn't anyone have a Matchless C-30?! ;0)

What is not represented are all the Class A burner amps, the Bad Cat and hot Matchless and Star amps, love that sound. Even the Rivera Venus amps.

I will pop for shipping one way if anyone has one if these and Cliff agrees to model it.

What is not represented are all the Class A burner amps, the Bad Cat and hot Matchless and Star amps, love that sound. Even the Rivera Venus amps.

I will pop for shipping one way if anyone has one if these and Cliff agrees to model it.

Ive got a few of those "Burners" once again, here is my list I am willing to send over:

Here is the List:

Bad Cat Lynx 50
Bad Cat Lil 15
Carr Slant 6V (w/5881's)
Carr Mercury
Wizard Modern Classic 2
Wizard MTL 100 (Both Wizards are updated and maintained by Rick himself for me)
Naylor Dual Drive 60 (This one is a favorite of the whole lot!)
Silvertone 1484 in perfect condition

Ive got a few of those "Burners" once again, here is my list I am willing to send over:

Here is the List:

Bad Cat Lynx 50
Bad Cat Lil 15
Carr Slant 6V (w/5881's)
Carr Mercury
Wizard Modern Classic 2
Wizard MTL 100 (Both Wizards are updated and maintained by Rick himself for me)
Naylor Dual Drive 60 (This one is a favorite of the whole lot!)
Silvertone 1484 in perfect condition

Some nice amps there for sure. I've already filled my quota for this month. Contact me in about a month. The Lynx, Carrs and Naylor are intriguing.

Some nice amps there for sure. I've already filled my quota for this month. Contact me in about a month. The Lynx, Carrs and Naylor are intriguing.

Thanks Cliff,

Yeah the Carr Slant 6v and the Naylor have made it onto every major label record i've done for the last few years (I do about 12 full lengths and a bunch of singles every year). The Wizards a very special and classy as well. Ive got more so if there is something particular you are looking for, let me know I might just have it here at my studio.
Also, if there are any pedals you might be looking for, definitely let me know, i have way too many(mostly boutique and hard to find stuff)!

Rock,
Kato

Kato Khandwala - Credits : AllMusic

Cliff, are you interested in the Red Iron Amps T-Rex? It's in the style of a Trainwreck but the maker of the amp describes it more of a "Fender Champ on steroids" if I remember correctly. It's a pretty cool amp. 30w, baxandall EQ (treble and bass knobs) and a single volume knob. In a mesquite head cab... :)

Would Be Awesome to see:

Laney Ironheart
Fortin
FRAMUS Cobra
ENGL Savage
Engl Fireball
FJA Moded stuff 5150,dual rec
Carvin V3
ADA MP-1 & 2
Peavey Tubefex

But I know it is unrealistic, However It would be the coolest ever if we could get some more engl stuff the special edition, savage, powerball II etc the ADA stuff is cool. I am sure I could get it with everything the Axe II already offers I am just being GREEDY!!!!! MORE HIGH GAIN AMPS. How about another Roland Jc-120 I LOVE THAT AMP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom