Want to speed up boot time? Delete all your presets!

maybe not a concern for some but thanks for pointing this out, that is interesting to me...
i wonder if removing the presets before an update and then restoring after...
Does a firmware update have a different effect in general on the state of presets present when a major update occurs versus downloaded presets after?

I find that the boot time is similar to how long it takes for the filaments in my tube amps to warm up enough to let signal through.

Interesting - has anyone tried this with an FM3?
FM3----Boot time is , well, boot time.....Never in that much of hurry. As Jason himself says above it's "interesting", more than important. But talk about "reading presets" and I am all in for changes.......
The FM3 and the AXEfx III both read the empty slots also, but if it's empty seems the reading may be quicker than a full preset read (more info involved?) -just theorizing, don't know for sure. so? Good question!

I'm not sure FractalAudio was replying specifically to "Just boot on an empty preset". Rather confirming the finding in the OP. Sounds like this would then also speed up boot time for the FM3, which, while not a huge deal, takes the boot time out of e.g. "starting the studio" etc when everything is wired in and you just want to play. Nice to know.

I'm not sure FractalAudio was replying specifically to "Just boot on an empty preset". Rather confirming the finding in the OP. Sounds like this would then also speed up boot time for the FM3, which, while not a huge deal, takes the boot time out of e.g. "starting the studio" etc when everything is wired in and you just want to play. Nice to know.

I could be wrong, but I assume he was weighing in on whether booting on an empty preset has any effect on boot time. In my brief and unscientific test, booting on an empty preset resulted in a difference of about half a second.

Back
Top Bottom