Want to be annoyed? (Brad Paisley content.)

Great playing, great tone. Never particularly been a country fan, but Brad might make a believer of me.

Paisley is fantastic. I've never been a big country fan, but I do love the country guitarists, e.g. Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed, Merle Travis, Albert Lee, Danny Gatton, etc. Of the modern popular artists, both Paisley and Keith Urban are ripping guitarists.

If you stick around for the last lick, the annoying part is how bored he looks while he tears that up.

If I had to demo this over and over again, I would be bored as hell too.....I saw such demo clips of Brad since the last 10 yrs from now - they all sounded great and the tone was one of a kind ;)

I will never understand I guess. These guys are great GUITAR PLAYERS, not country guitar players.

I learned a long time ago to appreciate any outstanding guitar playing, no matter what the "LABEL"

I don't think he looks bored on that last lick. I'd say he's listening to the amp & not concentrating on his playing. He can do that lick all day. Not bored, just in the zone like a great athlete. :)

It's funny, I wouldn't consider myself a country fan by Texas standards (born and raised), but by Australian standards (where I now live) it seems I'm huge country fan. In either place I'm a big Paisley fan. Always has tasty licks and an awesome tone. Great sense of humour in his lyrics as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget the great Buster B Jones

:)

Vince Gill, Brent Mason, Tommy Emmanuel (mr Tony Enamuel) .. and about a hundred more incredibly talented "bastards" that make me look bad ...lol

One of the typical "country" guitar (I use the term because it is the typical musical style of these players, it's not to pigeonhole them as guitarists) conventions is a clean tone, and it's really hard to hide sloppiness when you play primarily clean or only slightly overdriven tones.

Love Greg Koch, and Tommy Emmanuel is a primary influence on me although I think he's got a wider array of genres that he dips into (not discounting the importance of Chet, Merle Travis, etc. on his playing).

One of the typical "country" guitar (I use the term because it is the typical musical style of these players, it's not to pigeonhole them as guitarists) conventions is a clean tone, and it's really hard to hide sloppiness when you play primarily clean or only slightly overdriven tones.

Love Greg Koch, and Tommy Emmanuel is a primary influence on me although I think he's got a wider array of genres that he dips into (not discounting the importance of Chet, Merle Travis, etc. on his playing).

I'm actually pretty jealous of Greg Koch, he's the same age as me and he just kills it like its no big deal. He is a guy I would love to be some day, just great technique and all around nice guy. I got the Nice guy part down...:)

Check out Brad's "Play" record.

It's mostly instrumental with some vocals here and there. The intent was to feature his guitar more than his voice.

Urban is on that record too on at least one song. Really a cool way to have some Paisley in your record collection if country radio hits aren't your thing.

Right on, as amazing as Greg is as a player, he's just such a funny guy and would be a blast to hang out with, regardless if a guitar was involved.

Check out Brad's "Play" record.

It's mostly instrumental with some vocals here and there. The intent was to feature his guitar more than his voice.

Urban is on that record too on at least one song. Really a cool way to have some Paisley in your record collection if country radio hits aren't your thing.

That's the Paisley album I have. That tune with Keith Urban "Start a band" has a hilarious opening, where they do an impression of a badly played Stairway to Heaven intro.

To me these guys are the real deal, they are not being fashionable to please a specific market, you like them because they are great at what they do and they inspire you to be better yourself. I loved heavy metal when I was a kid, I mean I really ate it up, but After I grew up, I grew up, I realized that me playing that anymore was kind of foolish to me. I went clean with my approach, with a couple overdrives stacked for range. So then I searched out these cats as I got older and have never looked back. well that's kind of a lie, I still love heavy metal.

One of my new hero's is Carl Verheyen such a great musician and teacher.

If you have a truefire account (you all should have a truefire account) Check out Carls S.W.A.T course, its really great. And when your done with that do the new Rhythm course by Robben ford, A lot of food for thought.

Back
Top Bottom