Want a backup alternative to axe +FCB1010

nickxmix

Inspired
I saw a post ages ago of someone using a Vox Tonelab LE to control the Axe FxII. I can't find the post and would like to get in touch with that person. I'm thinking this would be a Cheap alternative for me as :
1. The Behringer FCB1010 fails, I have a midi controller.
2. If the Axe FXII fails I have some presets to use from the VOX Tonelab LE. These are cheap to come by.
So If anyone can help me set this up to control patches with say 4 to 5 scenes that would do the job.
The other question with the Vox can you save patches to computer and reload back when need.
Thanks in advance nickxmix.

If I'm not mistaken, PODHD500, PODHD500X both control AxeFx2 & become an immediate backup or B rig. I've never used a Tonelab, though.

If I'm not mistaken, PODHD500, PODHD500X both control AxeFx2 & become an immediate backup or B rig. I've never used a Tonelab, though.

+1

Ash few years ago I had an HD500 that I used with my AxeFX 2 mkI. I thought that the FCB1010 worked better but the HD500 would work as a backup. I found it hard to program,which is why I went the FCB1010 route with a Uno chip. Someone who is better than I am with MIDI would likely find it much easier to program than I did.

I used an hd500x for a little bit as a controller. it worked pretty good actually because you could build a preset in the hd that mirrored the axe fx patch and the floor switches controlled the same effects on the axe fx as it did on the hd500. I even named the presets the same and all. the tone was no where near the same but was easy to remember the switches.

I used an hd500x for a little bit as a controller. it worked pretty good actually because you could build a preset in the hd that mirrored the axe fx patch and the floor switches controlled the same effects on the axe fx as it did on the hd500. I even named the presets the same and all. the tone was no where near the same but was easy to remember the switches.

Hi Paranoid, were you able to have scenes say 1-5 on the bottom row after you selected the preset?
Thanks Nick H

Hi Paranoid, were you able to have scenes say 1-5 on the bottom row after you selected the preset?
Thanks Nick H
It was some time ago, so I now do not remember if I had scenes on the top or the bottom, but yes it would switch scenes. seems like there was only 4 switches per row, and the end 2 switches were for bank up and down. seems like the pod would only switch like 64 presets.

Back
Top Bottom