Walrus Descent Patch - XL

crg123

Experienced
(XL) Walrus Descent + Admiral Angry Patches

NOTE: GLOBAL EQ is set to -3 db Gain

My first upload on here. It's an XL patch btw.

So i've been messing around to try to get something close to some of the sounds the Walrus Descent produces. Obviously it's not going to capture all of the diversity that pedal has to offer but I like the sound I produced so I figured i'd share. Its basically matched off a video I saw. I really liked the sound so I tried to capture it.

I'm using the neck position split with a set of Warpigs. So you'll probably have to adjust your levels accordingly. It sounds best with the neck position, and split. Or neck and lowered volume. The cab is the 4x12 Pre-rola mix that Cliff shared a while back: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/91649-ir-present-you.html

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Walrus Descent - WP N-Split - by crg123

It's just a starting point.

---------------------------------------------

edit: Second Patch - ... And now for something completely different

Kind of a weird one for you guys. If you've ever listened to "Buster" by Admiral Angry you'll know what kind of patch this is going to be. Super sludgy and fat sounding. Not pleasent.

You've been warned. I mixed in a separate simulated bass path within the patch to really try to capture their sound (basically a wall of sound). The is in Scene 1. Scene 2 shuts that off since the octave effect sounds weird for anything but lower parts. Scene 3 is just to tweak the "bass" tone to help mix it in. This is still a work in progress to get that elasticity kind of sound since the bass is so important to the sound.

The IR's used in this are The classic Catharisis- s-preshigh for the top and SEED's GKBass 212 e907 Sub IR.

The Catharsis IR: axefx.fr
The Gallian Kruger can be found here: (Thanks SEED!) http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...p-ultrares-bass-cabs-tm-darkglass-bk7-tm.html

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Admiral Angry - by crg123

It's pretty much a one trick pony patch but it's fun if you like that sort of thing. Recommended use is for downtuned 7's, 8's or if you got them 9's hahah (Yes its that kind of patch haha). I used BKP Warpigs for this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom