Walrus Audio Fable preset

simeon

Axe-Master
Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 13.27.20.png

this preset kinda sounds like mode II (scene 1) and mode III (scene 2) of the new Walrus Audio Fable (btw, check out Burgs demo!)

scene 1 sounds like this - http://simeonharris.co.uk/Resources/Fables.mp3

the preset is stereo, whereas the Fable is mono. you can "mono-ise" it by engaging the drive block

i have included several performance controls, so you can tweak it from the front panel

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 13.27.06.png

filter is a low pass filter on the "grains"
dry is the dry guitar signal
delay level is the level of the delay
delay time is the length of the delay
delay feed is the number of delay repeats
mono "mono-ises" the effects by engaging a clean drive block

the first volume block is tied to external 1 for main volume control

i have no idea if it will work on any other until than the Axe FX III, sorry

made with firmware 21.04

if you like it and you use it and you can afford it, please consider leaving me a small donation using the paypal button at the bottom of the page here (you don't need a paypal account)

cheers m'dears

Attachments

• Fables.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 94
View attachment 117611

this preset kinda sounds like mode II (scene 1) and mode III (scene 2) of the new Walrus Audio Fable (btw, check out Burgs demo!)

scene 1 sounds like this - http://simeonharris.co.uk/Resources/Fables.mp3

the preset is stereo, whereas the Fable is mono. you can "mono-ise" it by engaging the drive block

i have included several performance controls, so you can tweak it from the front panel

View attachment 117610

filter is a low pass filter on the "grains"
dry is the dry guitar signal
delay level is the level of the delay
delay time is the length of the delay
delay feed is the number of delay repeats
mono "mono-ises" the effects by engaging a clean drive block

the first volume block is tied to external 1 for main volume control

i have no idea if it will work on any other until than the Axe FX III, sorry

made with firmware 21.04

if you like it and you use it and you can afford it, please consider leaving me a small donation using the paypal button at the bottom of the page here (you don't need a paypal account)

cheers m'dears
Thank you!!!

Love how you can assign modifiers to almost anything in the Fractal.
Theoretically one should be able to make anything with a Fractal product...
But it owuld always be cool to have more macro controls and "modifiers" maybe get more into the eurorack/ambient/experimental
crowd.

Grain sampling, multiple loopers, shuffling loopers, quantizers, timestretchers...

What fun! Lovely work, Simeon. Thanks so much. With your permission I'll extrapolate and add some more Scenes.
go for it. you have the actual pedal there, so you've got a reference. i just listened to a couple of demos.

Sure. I made a couple. One with no chat - and the other with lots -

YOURE BRETT??? IM STILL recovering from yout FLux Liquid Ambience review like 8 years ago...

I think once you remove the hipster artwork from things like walrus pedals... you realize you could create that in the FM3 in about 2 seconds.

Hey @Burgs just confirming this pedal does the tape stop in that first video? Only other pedal I know of doing that is the poly beebo/digit.

Back
Top Bottom