AFIII Wall of Guitars

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I'm always listening to new music to hear current trends and production, and noticed that bigger guitars are making their way back as well as more aggressive effects on guitar lines. I went back to my roots and tracked the big chorus guitars with my old 3-amp setup. A Marshall (Friedman BE C45), a Mesa (Recto 1 Red), and an Orange (AD-30 dirty) and came up with this song idea. The clean amp is the 65 Bassguy Normal, which I've never really tried in the past, but think it sounds great! All guitars are going through the same cab. I'm gonna keep working on it, but thought it sounded pretty massive and wanted to share it here.

Sounds excellent! Great mix going on there.
Thanks a lot! You get out of a mix what you put into it. None of the guitars have any post EQ on them. Dialing in tones with the Looper Block makes all the difference in the world. I feel like that’s Fractal recording 101, and I wish I would have known that trick earlier.

Very dynamic! A lost art in a lot of today's music...
Oh it’s coming back around, baby! Pop music is still really polished and edited to the nth degree, but it’s looking like the more artistic bands are embracing dynamics and more human performances. The human element is a key factor in what makes music timeless vs sterile and forgettable as it ages... at least in my opinion.

Thirded if that’s even a word.

Listened to it multiple time - love it, man !

Gotta know tho - what IR’s ?

Your last Fender ones were great and I go back all the way to your early Mesa 212’s - which I use all the time.

Sounds awesome!!!
I’d listen to an album of this.
Seconded. Sounds really good justin!
Thirded if that’s even a word.

Listened to it multiple time - love it, man !

Gotta know tho - what IR’s ?

Your last Fender ones were great and I go back all the way to your early Mesa 212’s - which I use all the time.

Thanks a lot, guys! I really appreciate the kind words. And I’d love to MAKE an EP in this kind of style. Let’s be honest, big chords with a healthy amount of distortion is so satisfying.

As for the IR’s Greg, they’re mixes that came from my upcoming cab pack based on an Orange 4x12. They’re pretty tasty. And thanks for saying that about my Fender pack. It means a lot.

Back
Top Bottom