Waitlist

The receive of the invite email is not synchronous with the send of the invite email.

The route, email servers, network devices, etc. between FAS and you can affect when you receive an email independent of when the email actually sent.
Unless one user is on something ghetto like AOL, the likelihood of an email being delayed by more than a minute or two is... well, that's just not how it works.

I hear you. A friend who got on the list shortly after I did (because I called him as I was signing up) received his invite but I did not. Not a big deal, but seems strange that they're going out of order at this point.
At FAS headquarter:

Matt ,can you give any insight as to how many invites go out daily.

Sorry, I cannot because it literally changes every day. And neither can I tell you how many people are on the list so it wouldn't do you any good anyway. I can't tell you your individual place in line, or what date we've worked up to. I can't even explain WHY this information is too confidential to share (I do hope that this is evident without an explanation?) I trust you to understand that despite this, we very much appreciate your interest in the product, and in getting it as quickly as possible. I will reluctantly tell you this: there are a lot of people on the list, so please be patient and settle in for some waiting and understand that we'll do everything we can to get you the goods you want in a reasonable timeframe.

I understand why providing a lot of detail can be problematic, and I appreciate the info you've provided.

Having said that, if I go to an online retailer and look for a Helix most provide an estimated ship date, so at least I have some idea of how long the wait might be if I order today (of course, who knows how accurate those dates are). If someone ordered an AX8 today, is there some estimate of how long they are likely to wait? That info would be useful to those on the wait list, because at least there'd be some estimate of the longest they can expect to wait. Just my 0.02.

Last edited:
FWIW, I sent an email to Fractal asking if they had sent me my notice and I had accidentally deleted it as I had received a confirmation on 10/13. They assured me they had not sent me a notice yet and that I was on the list. He added:

"Hundreds of people signed up in the first hours of the 13th. Demand is extremely high. Your wait as, many others may take a while."

So I am encouraged it did not miss my window, and assured by window is coming, but it may take awhile. But pretty anxious like the rest. Oh well, patience.

Also, seems like a significant growth in users for Fractal... which, in my thinking it wonderful for us and for Fractal. For Fractal because is pays off all the R&D and encourages them to keep keeping on. For us, this product is a virtual inexhaustible pallet of variable tones. I am looking forward to what others come up with. Back when I had my Ultra I never tired of playing with its parameters. And I hear it is so much better now! Cheers.

Last edited:
Thank you Matt. This sounds like we can concentrate on some other things for a while. I think for EU is the same, even later.

I understand your point about how it is easy for our corporate competitors to predict waiting times accurately.
There are some things they do very well... and other things we do very well...

The time it will take depends on multiple variables, so it is not possible to predict.
- The rate of production varies.
- The rate of response to invitations varies.
- The number of units we can pack and ship varies.
- Sometimes, people ask so many questions about the actual waitlist that we can't focus on actual work, which delays things further ;-)

--

No, I don't have one yet.
I, like many other rabid FAS fans, sent in my waitlist request on 10/13. Hoping I get an invitation soon. Checking my emil every 10 seconds. I know the guys up there are working as hard as they can to get these orders out. I will definitely share a few patches after I get back in my studio.
All my best... B

No, I don't have one yet.
I, like many other rabid FAS fans, sent in my waitlist request on 10/13. Hoping I get an invitation soon. Checking my emil every 10 seconds. I know the guys up there are working as hard as they can to get these orders out. I will definitely share a few patches after I get back in my studio.
All my best... B

Careful Willis, the LAST thing you need is carpal tunnel.... ;-)

I never go see a movie when it first comes out. I wait until the crowds are down. Let the bugs get worked out and maybe a couple firmware updates in and then order when the availability is steady. I've never been black Friday shopping either. I'll wait but it won't be easy.

As I check my email and spam folders daily, I can't seem to shake the GAS I have. Being late to the party at Nov 6th place, I'm afraid puts me in Neverneverland. I had no idea this was going to be such as crazy frantic scramble to order a piece of gear. The realization that Christmas is out and now my hope is for a good New Years Celebration! I guess there's always my '66 Vibrolux Reverb, a decent pedal board, and my Skinnerburst to be thankful for! Rant over, please resume your daily activities!

Being Christmas time has helped me with the wait for my invite.
I'm more excited about the AX8 than I've been about any gear I've bought in 2 decades. I'm still checking the forum daily for news , and to read the stoked reviews from regulars on the forum who got AX8s already , but my main focus right now is giving. Only a few days left to shop before Christmas. :O​
If you're here on the forum , and can afford to buy gear for yourself during the holidays , consider yourself lucky. I'm sure Fractal wants nothing more than to get these babies in our hands as much as we do. Hang in there guys !

Thanks again to M@ for updates. One of the things Fractal does do that other manufacturers of competing products do not do is have all of the upper management and actual designers in the company on the forum regularly answering questions, not only about the product, but about shipping and waitlists and other such things that are normally not of great concern to the seller. It is their willingness to be somewhat accountable to their user base that causes them such constant questioning. I'm thankful they continue to be like they have always been, continue to develop, continue to push out firmware with additional amps/cabs/effects for free (amazingly, still near unheard of in the business).

Bravo that FAS understands people being impatient, and indulges it to the degree they do. And don't call me a fanboy. I am a fanman.

Back
Top Bottom