Waitlist

I will pass on the invite though, i am in EU so i cant purchase it. I asked my friends in US to purchase it for me, hope their invite comes soon.

Since the AX8 is priced aggressively, I would think FAS was expecting a lot of orders, so I'm guessing they've prepared their manufacturing capacity accordingly, as best they can. M@ has indicated that a lot of AX8's will be forthcoming. If it takes FAS a while to get supply to catch up to demand, I can't really fault them... Line 6, which is a much bigger company, hasn't been able to get supply to meet demand yet for the Helix, and the Helix has been out for a while now.

One thing fractal and even line 6 dont realize is that very likely some people who are interested and were even on this waitlist are professional "known" musicians who would rather not flaunt that upfront to get free gear or favors from a company. I know a few here. They are alot bigger/well known then the guys who already got units. But each company seems to target they kind of artist they want to give their gear to, to get a certain market to buy their stuff.

I would venture a guess, just my opinion that fractal is prepared for all of the 10/13 emails they received. Regardless of the time of the day. I think the date is the important part.

One thing fractal and even line 6 dont realize is that very likely some people who are interested and were even on this waitlist are professional "known" musicians who would rather not flaunt that upfront to get free gear or favors from a company. I know a few here. They are alot bigger/well known then the guys who already got units. But each company seems to target they kind of artist they want to give their gear to, to get a certain market to buy their stuff.

Absolutely. It's important for marketing. I would assume Alex Lifeson his has, Edge has his etc.... Plus the guys who do quality online gear reviews (please, not the Tone King).... ;-).

I was one of the very first to sign up for the waitlist, started the original Ready Set Go! post, but no invite yet here either. I'm just as anxious but patient as well. This is starting to turn into the mass craziness like on Black Friday at Walmart where they sell 60" TV's for dirt cheap. Those that camped out for hours waiting to get in to grab the limited quantity almost stab one another to make sure they get theirs. Your place in line to get one of the coolest guitar units ever created isn't worth chaos or anger. Hopefully they have plenty of units to ship out. From Cliff's post, they had sent release candidate software for testing. Since they are shipping, one would have to assume that the code passed all the tests. So, if they had to wait for the code to pass testing, they now have the burden of loading code all day on all the assembled units that were ready to ship otherwise. I have no clue how many employees work at Fractal, but I'm sure it's tedious work to manually upload the firmware to all the units; that, in addition to running the regular day-to-day business. I say I'm patient, but that doesn't stop me from checking my email every 5 minutes anyway just in case. :) Hope my name is coming up soon. For those that get them, enjoy and please post your experiences!

I miss the good old days when all I had to do was write a bot, let it run all day until the axe II came available in the store so the bot could put it in my cart, and pay $400 extra. That was easy :).

Back
Top Bottom