Waitlist for FC should be offered in order of iii waitlist

Provided it's not a logistical nightmare for FAS, I think its a good idea.

Disclaimer: I got on the waitlist January 29th at 23:46 ET, and looking forward to an invite for the axe 3.

I don't care what they do with the waitlist. But if I did care I would say, rather than doing it in the order of the Axe3 waitlist, they should do it in the order of Axe3 purchases. There are after all, people who passed on their Axe3 invites as well as people that paid more to "jump in line" and were never on the waitlist in the first place. This seems like it would be both reasonable and easy.

But like, I said, I don't care :D

Austin

Last edited:
I don't care what they do with the waitlist. But if I did care I would say, rather than doing it in the order of the Axe3 waitlist, they should do it in the order of Axe3 purchases. There are after all, people who passed on their Axe3 invites as well as people that paid more to "jump in line" and were never on the waitlist in the first place. This seems like it would both reasonable and easy.

Austin
I don't care what they do with the waitlist. But if I did care I would say, rather than doing it in the order of the Axe3 waitlist, they should do it in the order of Axe3 purchases. There are after all, people who passed on their Axe3 invites as well as people that paid more to "jump in line" and were never on the waitlist in the first place. This seems like it would both reasonable and easy.

Austin
Well yeah that’s what I meant is the purchasers should get offered the pedal in the original line

It never crossed my mind. Seems right but I could wait. I'm studio only with it right now. I need AXE Edit to really make it pop!

would be nice if they did. after all, why would you need an FC if you don't have a III? FWIW, If Fractal required a warranty registration, they could match the purchase invite with the registration to cut out people looking to profit.

But then how am I going to make thousands by buying 20 of them and then selling them to the folks who already have the III but didnt sign up fast enough on the FC waitlist.

I'll get the FC when I get it. Why should this particular waitlist be any different the the half dozen or so before it? It's not like the world will end if I get the FC a few weeks or so comparatively later than I got the III.

This is guitar gear, folks. Put it in perspective and have patience.

does anyone feel that the FC waitlist should be offered in the same order as the iii?

No here too. Another 'management' nightmare.

And while people think 'what good is it without the FC?' I would still say the majority of users (especially professionals) do not need the FC, but can activate what they use without it.

I want it as well, since I had to let my MFC go as a bundle. Willing to wait while they get it right, and willing to be on another waiting list until it's available.

...but that's just me.

A far more ideal solution would have been to create packages that already included the footcontroller.

Does anyone remember the GSP-21? Everything you needed came in one box.

I think they really will have to do something, because otherwise if the FC stock is limited and the demand is sky high there will be lots of people (without a III) buying just to sell on Reverb etc for a profit to those who have a III

Maybe for the first 6 months only allow those who either have purchased a III, or those who buy one together with a III, access.

After all, why would someone without a III need one if not to resell it, assuming there is a short supply

You don't need a FC for anything in the studio. With modern recording tech..its not needed. For live we have midi. I'd rather wait for a air-tight FC. Follow the music industry....fractal is pretty damn amazing at what they do for players...period.

I'll get the FC when I get it. Why should this particular waitlist be any different the the half dozen or so before it? It's not like the world will end if I get the FC a few weeks or so comparatively later than I got the III.

This is guitar gear, folks. Put it in perspective and have patience.
I think you’re missing the point, all I’m saying is, I think the FC’s should get offered to the line of purchasers in order 1st. Never in this thread have I or anyone said we can’t properly use the unit without it. I’m running my MFC with it now. But will be buying the FC when available

Back
Top Bottom