Waitlist Email

Hi Mark,

We discovered earlier today that about 12 invitations out of several hundred in the past week had FAILED to send systematically. We re-sent them today manually. I just confirmed that you were in fact on that list, at the address m********ar@g.com so you should have your invitation as of about 3:20 PM.
Mine must have been one of them. Got the invite at 3:23. Ordered. Looking forward to melting my brain trying to learn all there is to learn about this beast! :)

Can I get a loan for about $1850??? :p

I am giving away teenagers for this Awesome price! They will eat all your food, leave messes all over your house and say "Whatever" 37 times a day. They will also make fun of you and call you OLD! Lol That is a great deal right there! Lol
Now that is a good one!

Waitlist confirmation email: 1/27/22 ~11pm
Purchase invitation: 12/9/22: 2:03pm

Ordered! First time Fractal user and excited to get started.
Let’s check that month. December of ‘21 or January of ‘22?

If 1/27/22 is correct then they jumped 33 days ahead in the invitation list in 3 days processing, which is unprecedented.

Let’s check that month. December of ‘21 or January of ‘22?

If 1/27/22 is correct then they jumped 33 days ahead in the invitation list in 3 days processing, which is unprecedented.
The posted date was correct. Waitlist confirmation email was January 27, 2022.

Very pleasantly surprised how quick my name got called once they resumed sending invitations. Hoping a lot of others still waiting get a nice holiday surprise as well. 😀

The posted date was correct. Waitlist confirmation email was January 27, 2022.

Very pleasantly surprised how quick my name got called once they resumed sending invitations. Hoping a lot of others still waiting get a nice holiday surprise as well. 😀
That’s excellent news. They’re making great progress with the list.

Waitlist email: Feb 07
Ordered: Dec 12

Time to go download the FM9 Edit and the other stuff! I’ll be interested to see how my AxeFx 3 patches translate to this unit.

Received my invitation today, went on the waitlist on 2/3/22. I really need this expense in next year, so I'm gonna have to sit on it until evening of the 31st. Can I still use this link in another 20 days?

Waitlist email: Feb 07
Ordered: Dec 12

Time to go download the FM9 Edit and the other stuff! I’ll be interested to see how my AxeFx 3 patches translate to this unit.
They’ll translate fine if they were made with the FM3 in mind. On the FX3:
  • Back up the presets.
  • Make sure the CPU % usage of each preset on the FX3 is 25% or lower. Remove blocks or find suitable blocks with lower CPU demands until it is.
  • Remove blocks that don’t exist on the FM3.
  • Adjust the layout of the preset to fit within the FM3’s 12x4 grid. If you don’t then the layout will be mangled and you will have to rebuild it on the FM3; It’s easier to do it ahead of time on the FX3. Feedback Send and Return blocks are really useful when doing this.
  • Test the sound.
  • Back up the presets again from the FX3.
  • Update both firmwares and their editors to their latest versions.
  • Export the presets from the FX3. You can do them one by one using the Preset menu, en masse using the Preset Manager, or by backing up a bank in Axe-Edit III using Fractal-Bot.
  • Import them into the FM3. Use Preset > Import, or drag them into the desired slots in the right-hand pane in Preset Manager, by dragging their enclosing folder into the left-hand pane in Preset Manager, or by dragging the backup file into the left-hand pane, then dragging to the slots on the right, then finally clicking Store.
  • Back them up from the FM3.
I move them back and forth often and that’s basically my process.

They should transfer correctly. The developers have been working really hard this year to make sure presets transfer without problems.

PS - It’s basically the same for the FM9, except the grid is the same size, and the FM9 has about 50% of the FX3’s CPU.

Last edited:
They’ll translate fine if they were made with the FM3 in mind. On the FX3:
  • Back up the presets.
  • Make sure the CPU % usage of each preset on the FX3 is 25% or lower. Remove blocks or find suitable blocks with lower CPU demands until it is.
  • Remove blocks that don’t exist on the FM3.
  • Adjust the layout of the preset to fit within the FM3’s 12x4 grid. If you don’t then the layout will be mangled and you will have to rebuild it on the FM3; It’s easier to do it ahead of time on the FX3. Feedback Send and Return blocks are really useful when doing this.
  • Test the sound.
  • Update both firmwares and their editors to their latest versions.
  • Export the presets from the FX3. You can do them one by one using the Preset menu, en masse using the Preset Manager, or by backing up a bank in Axe-Edit III using Fractal-Bot.
  • Import them into the FM3. Use Preset > Import, or drag them into the desired slots in the right-hand pane in Preset Manager, by dragging their enclosing folder into the left-hand pane in Preset Manager, or by dragging the backup file into the left-hand pane, then dragging to the slots on the right, then finally clicking Store.
  • Back them up from the FM3.
I move them back and forth often and that’s basically my process.

They should transfer correctly. The developers have been working really hard this year to make sure presets transfer without problems.
FM9 ;)

Back
Top Bottom