Waitlist Email

Thanks, tbh I never used snapshot but now I will.
Appreciate the process rundown.šŸ˜Ž
Another thing about the Snapshot tool, it's actually exporting the presets to its folder each time you click, so if you have some intermediate saves you want to keep you can import them, or copy or move them somewhere else.

It is regrettable that the shortages made it impossible to send products to dealers overseas. They are all struggling due to industry-wide shortages and multiple other challenges such as exchange rates, economic strife, and war. Please be patient with Independent Music -- experience shows that they're an excellent company. I'll ask someone to message you here.

This is outright bullshit mate.
Industry shortages, exchange rates, economic strife and war have the exact same impact on Fractal shipping these things domestically, as they do internationally, unless of course it involves that part of Europe which that nutbar Putin has decided to fuck up.
I could ask a mate in the USA to put his name on the waitlist, get the FM9T, he sends it to me and I send him the cash for the whole shebang.
Job done.
The only difference is exchange rates, and if the customer has the cash ready to go (which I do), then that goes out the window.
These are excuses, and they're lame.
I still love Fractal though - totally shits on the competition.

This sort of rationale, thoughtful reply on the part of Fractal Admin demonstrates ā€” in my opinion ā€” how committed they are to supporting their customer base. Kudos.

Easy for you to say if you're in the USA and none of this international shipping crap applies to you.
On the other hand, I fucking love Fractal and I'll still buy their stuff regardless of the forum activity. No other digital modeller sounds or feels as good through a live PA melting the crowd's heads, so whatever blowback is that I get here on the forum I honeslty couldn't care less.
Fractal rules, I'm a total convert.
And if Admin M@ is Fractal, or part of the company and directly interacts with customers, then that's pretty damn cool as well.

HI @jdel77, Andrew from Independent Music Products here. Feel free to DM me with any questions, or email me on andrew@independentmusic.com.au. If you DM me a number I can call you directly to discuss this. I'll be updating everyone on the waiting list with some news next, so please hang in there.

Hi Andrew, thanks.
I've heard through the grapevine that you're a one-man operation, however I sent 3 emails and left 2 voicemails over a month, and put my name down on the FM9T waitlist some weeks ago too and I've heard absolutely nothing back.
This is frustrating, especially when I play in bands pretty much every weekend as a second job.
I don't understand the need for an Aussie distro when Fractal could deal direct and I'm not going to apologise for being front up, but if there's open communication and I know what's going on, you'll have a loyal customer for life. I'll send you a PM, I appreciate the message here in this thread, thankyou. I won't clog up anymore of it with my situation.

Last edited:
Industry shortages, exchange rates, economic strife and war have the exact same impact on Fractal shipping these things domestically, as they do internationally, unless of course it involves that part of Europe which that nutbar Putin has decided to fuck up.
I could ask a mate in the USA to put his name on the waitlist, get the FM9T, he sends it to me and I send him the cash for the whole shebang.
Job done.
The only difference is exchange rates, and if the customer has the cash ready to go (which I do), then that goes out the window.

Easy for you to say if you're in the USA and none of this international shipping crap applies to you.
On the other hand, I fucking love Fractal and I'll still buy their stuff regardless of the forum activity. No other digital modeller sounds or feels as good through a live PA melting the crowd's heads, so whatever blowback is that I get here on the forum I honeslty couldn't care less.
And if Admin M@ is Fractal, or part of the company and directly interacts with customers, then that's pretty damn cool as well.

Hi Andrew, thanks.
I've heard through the grapevine that you're a one-man operation, however I sent 3 emails and left 2 voicemails over a month, and put my name down on the FM9T waitlist some weeks ago too and I've heard absolutely nothing back.
This is frustrating, especially when I play in bands pretty much every weekend as a second job.
I don't understand the need for an Aussie distro when Fractal could deal direct and I'm not going to apologise for being front up, but if there's open communication and I know what's going on, you'll have a loyal customer for life. I'll send you a PM, I appreciate the message here in this thread, thankyou. I won't clog up anymore of it with my situation.

My mind read that in a broad ā€œJoe Mangleā€ Aussie accent - made me smile !

Job done.

Hi Andrew, thanks.
@jdel77 If you've emailed I would have replied. Check your spam folder. In all fairness, I do miss the occasional call, but do my best to get back to them as quickly as possible. Actually, I've just checked, and the last email I got from you was 30 Jun 2:49pm, it was in reply to my response from a previous email. Have you emailed since then (I can't see anything in spam with your email address on it) ?

@Admin M@ is definitely an important part of Fractal, really does know what's going on, and it really is a function of supply chain issues.

Also, there's a few more people at Independent Music than just me :). We'll be down for the Melbourne Guitar Show in March 2023, looking forward to seeing everyone there.

@jdel77 If you've emailed I would have replied. Check your spam folder. In all fairness, I do miss the occasional call, but do my best to get back to them as quickly as possible. Actually, I've just checked, and the last email I got from you was 30 Jun 2:49pm, it was in reply to my response from a previous email. Have you emailed since then (I can't see anything in spam with your email address on it) ?

@Admin M@ is definitely an important part of Fractal, really does know what's going on, and it really is a function of supply chain issues.

Also, there's a few more people at Independent Music than just me :). We'll be down for the Melbourne Guitar Show in March 2023, looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Fair enough, I don't bother going into my spam folder because there's often weird stuff in there.
I've sent about 3 emails following up my voicemail messages during August/September. Who knows. The internet is shit.

Re: Guitar Show, sounds good.
You should do a blind onstage shootout between some mic'd vintage amps and the Fractal stuff through a PA just to stir people up!

Maybe is this the small gap between batches the Admin talked about a while back??? Hopefully they are continuing to ship!

Yeah, I think I read they would be in waves. But I'm usually wrong.
Fractal said there'd be some speed bumps. They might be waiting on parts, they might be servicing a bunch of people who aren't on the forum, we don't know. I'm sure they're keeping themselves busy, whatever it is.

The timeline is so long I'm starting to just think getting an Axe 3 is better. Yea its more $$, but I always use the editor and it never leaves the house. Anyone else just break down and do the 3 and happy they did or regretted they did? I mean I do use the foot switches on rare occation, but it is those times where I'm just powering up quick to play and only going through the 4 main patches I typically use.

The timeline is so long I'm starting to just think getting an Axe 3 is better. Yea its more $$, but I always use the editor and it never leaves the house. Anyone else just break down and do the 3 and happy they did or regretted they did? I mean I do use the foot switches on rare occation, but it is those times where I'm just powering up quick to play and only going through the 4 main patches I typically use.
Given the criteria you mention, the FM3 would also be a good candidate. People underestimate its capability.

Back
Top Bottom