Waitlist Email

Wow.. so just re-activated my account here on the forum after wondering how long of a wait list there might be... Man.. when I got my AX8 it was just a few weeks... I put in an order for the FM9 just a couple of weeks ago... so people are really waiting nearly 1 whole year as of now? Man.. this sounds familiar... I waited a good 8-12 months before I even tried to get an xbox series x because stock everywhere was depleted.. So just wondering, but why aren't the Axe 3's on a waitlist? Price keeping people away?

Wow.. so just re-activated my account here on the forum after wondering how long of a wait list there might be... Man.. when I got my AX8 it was just a few weeks... I put in an order for the FM9 just a couple of weeks ago... so people are really waiting nearly 1 whole year as of now? Man.. this sounds familiar... I waited a good 8-12 months before I even tried to get an xbox series x because stock everywhere was depleted.. So just wondering, but why aren't the Axe 3's on a waitlist? Price keeping people away?
Different parts. The FM9 they couldn’t get critical parts to build them, hence the turbo running on a new processor.

Are we really noticing an improvement in tone over the FM3?
Just like the generations before I don't think there is much in the way of improvement from any of the current 3 DEPENDING on what you use and how much..... so.. if you pack a TON of stuff into a patch and use a huge bunch of said stuff all at the same time then each price tier up you get more ability do do more multi tasking. A relatively simple patch... say something ported over from an AX8 or Axe 2 should be able to be used or tweaked to be used by evn the FM3 since it I believe is as powerful or close to as the previous gen flagship..... I may be wrong there, but I've never seen a chart comparing the FM's compared to axe 2, 3 or ax8. But basically speaking... if the patch is simple enough there should be no tonal difference since the patch is using the same stuff to process it.
Just like many comparisons of the Axe 2 and AX8.... you can't hear a difference unless the patch is requesting too much processing due to a ton of active blocks and say hi rez stuff.

Just like the generations before I don't think there is much in the way of improvement from any of the current 3 DEPENDING on what you use and how much..... so.. if you pack a TON of stuff into a patch and use a huge bunch of said stuff all at the same time then each price tier up you get more ability do do more multi tasking. A relatively simple patch... say something ported over from an AX8 or Axe 2 should be able to be used or tweaked to be used by evn the FM3 since it I believe is as powerful or close to as the previous gen flagship..... I may be wrong there, but I've never seen a chart comparing the FM's compared to axe 2, 3 or ax8. But basically speaking... if the patch is simple enough there should be no tonal difference since the patch is using the same stuff to process it.
Just like many comparisons of the Axe 2 and AX8.... you can't hear a difference unless the patch is requesting too much processing due to a ton of active blocks and say hi rez stuff.
Well IMO the fm9 is just the Mack daddy of them all

It's not 9/4, it's from 9/6 to 9/11.

But there was an invitation post on the 9th that I didn't see, which provided an intermediate 2 day step so the chart isn't as extreme, but we're still seeing bigger gaps being processed, and that's the point.
would love to see an educated guestimate for how long to get to the end of the pre-turbo announcement. You think January? You guys have been pretty spot on so far, I appreciate the tracking!

Are we really noticing an improvement in tone over the FM3?
No, and we shouldn't.

Given the same modeling algorithms, with the same parameters, the results will be the same numbers. Run those through the same DAC and the output is the same. Of course, sometimes the firmware is on different versions so temporarily they'll sound a little different but as soon as the algorithms get in sync the sound will be the same again.

The FM9 has 2x the CPU power of the FM3, so there are differences in where the code runs, but the end results should be the same given the same input.

It's like running a spreadsheet on your phone vs. your desktop. The code is different but the algorithms are the same, and given the same numbers you'll get the same results.

would love to see an educated guestimate for how long to get to the end of the pre-turbo announcement. You think January? You guys have been pretty spot on so far, I appreciate the tracking!
We can't make any sort of valid estimate because there are variables we don't know, such as how many RSVP requests there were prior to the Turbo announcement, how many units are shipped each day, how many are in inventory, etc. Based on the reports of received invitations, we can figure some things out, but without those missing pieces we can't forecast accurately.

The "spot-on-ness" is based on historical information, which is sometimes accurate, sometimes it's nonsensical.

Ummm Turbo runs my kitchen sink Axe FX III Kitchen Sink preset without a burp...
What's the CPU % on your Axe FX III with that preset? My kitchen sink is at 75-78% on my FX3. I know it's not a linear increase, but I'm hoping I can do most of the preset on my FM9T when it's finally my turn.

1664246941189.png

Back
Top Bottom