Waitlist Email

I’ve had the ultra , ax fx 2 still have the AX8 . There seems to be more mojo in the FM9. I am a die hard tube amp snob . Fm9 is very spot on
Awesome Brother, yeah I had an Ultra and have an Axe 2 now. I did have the III but mine arrived defective so when I sent it back I decided to not deal with the back and forth and just wait for the FM9.

acoustic_locator_3.jpg
Can you hear me now!!!!????
waitlist response received 9/25/22 5:33pm
Invitation still outstanding
Purchase 2 seconds after invitation :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Why wait so long to pull the trigger? :D

A friend of mine bought my old AX8 and insists he can't hear or feel any difference between my FM9 and his AX8. Denial is a bitch.
He is sadly mistaken , I own both and I think the FM9 is far better
What genre of music does he predominantly play? I play prog music, metal mainly with a secondary focus - rooted in classic rock.
to me the newer modeling has a better feel. Also a little more clarity in the mid. Not everyone is in tune to the more nuance aspects.
I would also add that his ax8 can’t do near as much as the fm9. For those of us that like to use multiple amps and stereo fx - the new modeler is next level.
if you’re just using it for simple setup IE 1 amp one reverb and maybe a delay, then I would suggest staying with your ax8 or upgrading to fm3. There’s no point in having all of the extras if you’ll never use them. Unless you just have to have the latest and greatest in which case that’s fine too!
I am not trying to attack your friends ability to hear nuance differences. I am only trying to give an opinion, please don’t take it as a personal attack.
I have been playing music for 25+ years and only in the last 8 have I been able to hear nuance differences. I was the guy that turned the knobs till I hard something I liked and that’s as far as it went.
owned and still own a Mesa Triple Rec, refused to try any modelers until I tried an Axe2 - I was hooked ever since and don’t really play the Mesa anymore.

What genre of music does he predominantly play? I play prog music, metal mainly with a secondary focus - rooted in classic rock.
to me the newer modeling has a better feel. Also a little more clarity in the mid. Not everyone is in tune to the more nuance aspects.
I would also add that his ax8 can’t do near as much as the fm9. For those of us that like to use multiple amps and stereo fx - the new modeler is next level.
if you’re just using it for simple setup IE 1 amp one reverb and maybe a delay, then I would suggest staying with your ax8 or upgrading to fm3. There’s no point in having all of the extras if you’ll never use them. Unless you just have to have the latest and greatest in which case that’s fine too!
I am not trying to attack your friends ability to hear nuance differences. I am only trying to give an opinion, please don’t take it as a personal attack.
I have been playing music for 25+ years and only in the last 8 have I been able to hear nuance differences. I was the guy that turned the knobs till I hard something I liked and that’s as far as it went.
owned and still own a Mesa Triple Rec, refused to try any modelers until I tried an Axe2 - I was hooked ever since and don’t really play the Mesa anymore.
Same type of music I play, I do some 80's metal as well. I find those that play our style are more focused on nuances, kind of have to be.

He's an extremely accomplished player, who covers everything, except maybe classical and understands nuance.

Did they just jump two waitlist days in one calendar day? At this rate, 9/9 should be coming up quickly. :cool: With my luck, they'll run out minutes before my time...
Ah well, look at the bright side: you could always be in my shoes...I didn't get on the waitlist until September of THIS year 🤣

Back
Top Bottom