Waitlist Email

Damn an insane amount of people signed up the first day.......Wow
There was a lot of demand for the product. The first several days are probably about the same as it took time for word to get out and people to react. @Admin M@ said the demand was "unprecedented".

For instance, the day they announced it, I saw the announcement right after it went live at about 1 PM and thought, "Naw, it's gotta be an April Fools joke", not really remembering it was in August, so I read some of the information, looked at the introductory videos by Leon Todd and Cooper Carter, and decided it was "for reals" and jumped on the list about 39 minutes later. It took 33 days to get it, that's how fast the list filled up.

It ends with losing me as a customer since 2008.

For reference sake, I have never purchased Exxon gasoline after the Valdez accident. When they merged with Mobil, I added them my list of businesses I will not support. A few others are BP and anything owned by the Koch brothers (I know the one died).

And I understand those companies supply others and I may inadvertently purchasing some of their products indirectly.

However, as customers the only way we can show our disapproval is to become past customers.

So they win this round, I’m denied purchase, but they lost the war of ever having me buy a new product from them again.
I can only say I think you're being a little foolish if you want the product. You're not hurting them by not buying it their products they're still going to sell a ton of stuff whether you buy it or not. I guess you're just venting a little bit but it doesn't mean a whole lot. I hope Boss hasn't done you wrong and you can buy something from them😉

That’s not true.

They’d have made at least $500 each profit. They will clearly sell two less, that’s $1,000. And I am certainly done promoting the brand, so that may also have an effect. Anywho, I have my two IIIs, which have more power so I’m good.
Curious:
(For your III's) Are you still planning on utilizing the free updates from the company you will no longer do business with?

I don’t think anyones denied a purchase. They’d love to sell everyone 3 of them. There’s a pecking order due to limited supply. Hope they re examine the good for life waitlist place in line. How would you feel if you were on line for something for a year and a guy comes back in front of you 9 months later after taking a piss?
Still wish there was a sizable deposit required or even a prepay to get waitlisted. It would avoid much of these issues.

I don’t think anyones denied a purchase. They’d love to sell everyone 3 of them. There’s a pecking order due to limited supply. Hope they re examine the good for life waitlist place in line. How would you feel if you were on line for something for a year and a guy comes back in front of you 9 months later after taking a piss?
Still wish there was a sizable deposit required or even a prepay to get waitlisted. It would avoid much of these issues.
Until a year goes by and everyone that paid a deposit feels like they have the right to start bashing the company. Wouldn’t be the first time.

I wonder if FAS is assembling each FM9 , loading firmware and testing per order received? Could be the reason for limited orders per day

They do final assembly, load firmware, burn-in, testing, packaging and shipping.

I suspect there are days it’s all hands on deck. They’re not a big company and I think that’s why I like them so. I love watching people work.
How many employees do they have?

Disregard that, linkedin shows them at 18. If that's accurate of course.

Last edited:
I am watching closely.

I joined the waitlist confirmed at Aug 29 2021 @ 7:22AM CST.

As SOON as I hear anything, I promise to update this thread!
Considering they are just starting the 28th and it took them months to get through the 27th you might be waiting a while. Unless of course there was a drastic drop in waitlist requests on the second day. Cross your fingers. ;)

Given how long it’s taking to get through the first few days of the waitlist, I suspect I won’t see an invite until December. Which would put me at waiting a year, but I’m ready to pull the trigger as soon as I see the invite! Still, I’m glad to see things moving and am happy people are finally getting theirs.

Can we rename this the handwringing thread?? :)

I get it. We all want new stuff. In the grand scheme of things, though..... well, I am not going to fill in the blanks.
Should anyone have to??

Sorry for the moral grandstanding. I get this way when I realize no one has robbed me of my ability to play music
and enjoy what I have right now.

If a company took a 500 dollar deposit from 2k people and put it in a CD for a year to get the 30k……is that even legal?
It sure as shit isn’t a bad idea!

Back
Top Bottom