Waitlist Email

Sales basically told me tough luck, you had your chance back then. And there was something you had to do to maintain your place on line, that I never heard of.

It’s fine, I’ll stick with my IIIs and save myself 4K.
Sorry man, that sucks. Technically, this is a different product, Turbo as opposed to standard, but that is besides the point a bit. Please correct me if I am wrong, but initially the the waitlist was as follows:

1. Waitlist came out. People signed up.
2. Invites came out. People either purchased or did not - but we were all told that the invite never expires.
3. Logistics went to poo. No one got anything.
4. The Turbo came out. For those already on the wait list, no need to do anything. I am unsure about this part - but I believe the first new units were going to people that already had the invite and had not purchased because they were out of stock.
5. Updated communication that unless you had inquired about your invite, it was no longer valid [Again technically, its not a FM9, but a FM9 Turbo]

I get the frustration of being told that the invite never expires, and then the policy changing, I know I'd be grumpy if it happened to me.

Perhaps the policy of the invite never expiring setup unrealistic expectations on both sides....I dunno.

Again, best of luck on whatever you do, and I can sympathize with the frustration.

Last edited:
I know it seems inconceivable today, but the competition is catching up. Once upon a time, Hamer was the cutting edge of guitar technology and customer service, that didn’t turn out so well over the long term.

I’m not teaching anyone anything, I’m just exercising my freedom to pursue other options. Two days ago, I’d have never given another brand a thought.

Anyway, I’m done beating this dead horse. My mind is made up.
Just seems to be a weird hill to die on considering they gave you an opportunity to buy one that you decided not to take advantage of. But hey, have fun with the helix, quad cortex, or Kemper! You're right, most digital platforms sound good these days, but none come close to the in depth modeling of fractal or the cadence of updates

It normally would be a couple of days, but right now they're refreshing stale invitations which should move much more quickly as there'll be big gaps between then.

A lot of the gleanings we got from watching the list when it first opened are kinda shot so we'll have to let the trends settle down again.
So @Greg Ferguson it looks like your prediction was correct, it took about 2 days to get through roughly an hour.

Back
Top Bottom