Waitlist Email

Soon has I get the invite I'm ready to go. Still gigging the AX8 without issues. Had the opportunity to try a Kemper Stage (yes, it is all about the profiles) but after a side-by-side with the AX8, just not that impressed.

The AX8 gives me all I need...for now. Come on FM9.

FAS ROCKS!!!

I've been waiting > 6 months on the "waitlist", guess my AX8 will need to suffice for now . Interesting that no other companies are experiencing the same level of component shortages. I'm a diehard Fractal quality convert, and I've purchased high level equipment for > 20 yrs & have never beed waitlisted for this long for anything? Your loyal customers deserve some answers soon.
Try and buy a new car and see just what you can’t get. After that try and go buy a PS5. I’ll pay you 100 above retail and will take all the ones you can get.

Last edited:
I've been waiting > 6 months on the "waitlist", guess my AX8 will need to suffice for now . Interesting that no other companies are experiencing the same level of component shortages. I'm a diehard Fractal quality convert, and I've purchased high level equipment for > 20 yrs & have never beed waitlisted for this long for anything? Your loyal customers deserve some answers soon.
There is an unofficial purchase invite email tracker somewhere on this forum. I was like the second person away from the last recorded purchase invite that went out so believe me I know the feeling of having to wait. To be fair to Fractal I believe they have given us answers. Admin M@ posted above that purchase invite emails will resume in August. When did you get your waitlist confirmation email? If you have that date you can do some rough speculation on when you might receive your invite to purchase. That’s as close to an “answer” as I think you can hope for right now. In the meantime just keep enjoying that AX8 I suppose.

We just waited 11 months for server hardware, and it came down to a component on one of the storage controllers. It wasn't that they weren't making any, it's that a shortage happened which never fully rebounded, and all the while a line is forming of OEMs who are also waiting for the same thing. Then after we received the gear, it was another four months for the implementation, because they wouldn't schedule the professional services until we had the hardware in hand, and they were behind for the same reason.

Check out Ceriatone. Their lead time was pushing almost a year, for amps made of components that are largely all readily available. Their shortage was/is primarily labor. Even after they rectify the labor shortage, it'll take many months or more for them to catch up. Now imagine they were also dependent on components from upstream vendors who are experiencing similar challenges, That's still the reality for some companies.

I went to buy a new truck last year, and everything that was inbound for the next 4 months was already spoken for. When they put me on their wait list, they couldn't tell me how long it'd be before they'd have something with the configuration I wanted. They had no idea what would be allocated to them, and when. It ended up being 9 months, for a consumer-level half-ton truck, from a company with the buying power of one of the largest auto manufactures in the world.

I'm not sure where you're getting that no other companies are experiencing this. Likewise, Fractal have told us they were working on it, and then again updated us with an ETA.

The situation sucks, but that doesn't change the reality of it, even if you don't understand it. I was lucky enough to get the FM9, and I'm sure everyone will find it's worth the wait.

We just waited 11 months for server hardware, and it came down to a component on one of the storage controllers. It wasn't that they weren't making any, it's that a shortage happened which never fully rebounded, and all the while a line is forming of OEMs who are also waiting for the same thing. Then after we received the gear, it was another four months for the implementation, because they wouldn't schedule the professional services until we had the hardware in hand, and they were behind for the same reason.

Check out Ceriatone. Their lead time was pushing almost a year, for amps made of components that are largely all readily available. Their shortage was/is primarily labor. Even after they rectify the labor shortage, it'll take many months or more for them to catch up. Now imagine they were also dependent on components from upstream vendors who are experiencing similar challenges, That's still the reality for some companies.

I went to buy a new truck last year, and everything that was inbound for the next 4 months was already spoken for. When they put me on their wait list, they couldn't tell me how long it'd be before they'd have something with the configuration I wanted. They had no idea what would be allocated to them, and when. It ended up being 9 months, for a consumer-level half-ton truck, from a company with the buying power of one of the largest auto manufactures in the world.

I'm not sure where you're getting that no other companies are experiencing this. Likewise, Fractal have told us they were working on it, and then again updated us with an ETA.

The situation sucks, but that doesn't change the reality of it, even if you don't understand it. I was lucky enough to get the FM9, and I'm sure everyone will find it's worth the wait.
The deciding factor in this is the chip shortage. Shipping delays are still a large issue, and that is no fault of Fractal's. There is still a huge backlog of shipping containers on cargo ships that need to be offloaded. Now, add to that the recent inflated cost of fuel and trucking product to market.

It may not be possible for Fractal to maintain their previous price for their products, given inflation, which may frustrate and aggravate consumers. No one wishes to pay more for product than they need to, but demand and supply shortage is what's driving the market, hence the inflated cost of goods.

I don't wish to be rubbing salt in anyone's wounds, but it was necessary for me to locate a new vehicle earlier this year as well. The lead time was about 2 months, maybe less. Although I purchased the vehicle without test-driving it, it was possible to buy from dealership stock on order and lock in my price. Several days later, a trip to the dealership to sign a purchase contract, and 5 weeks later, the car arrived at the dealership.

For folks who are waiting many months for a new vehicle, unless you're locked into a purchase contract, you might wish to check out alternate makes and models. My new car is an entry-level import hatchback. Local dealership's website allowed me to research my choices, used and new. New prices were better than recent used models, hence the new purchase.

For folks who are waiting for their FM9s, FAS has reassured us that the waitlist purchase offers will resume in August until the FM9s will be sold out again. I'm looking forward to the next wave of FM9 sales and reviews of consumers who will delight in their new-found joy. Regards being part of that celebratory moment, we'll all be there with the new owners, and the obligatory questions and answers that will follow regards the FM9s usage. This will be an opportunity for all to learn about the how's and why's of the FM9, and I'm encouraged to help others learn about the FM9.

I just experienced the delays on a purchase - twice! Bought a Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid and it took about 2 months to arrive. Went to pick it up and there was a warning light on that service could not figure out how to turn off. They contacted the factory and everyone was stumped, so they could not sell the car and ordered another one. This one also took about 2 months to arrive (and happily no issues!). Very frustrating and points out how fragile and intertwined the entire world eco-system is. I shudder to think what happens if China were to invade Taiwan, as is increasingly possible.

Confirmation e mail was sent out 2-11-2022. Still waiting for my FM-9. For those who are interested in the waitlist timeline.

I just experienced the delays on a purchase - twice! Bought a Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid and it took about 2 months to arrive. Went to pick it up and there was a warning light on that service could not figure out how to turn off. They contacted the factory and everyone was stumped, so they could not sell the car and ordered another one. This one also took about 2 months to arrive (and happily no issues!). Very frustrating and points out how fragile and intertwined the entire world eco-system is. I shudder to think what happens if China were to invade Taiwan, as is increasingly possible.
Got 125k miles out of mine. Made every oil change. Blown motor.

Confirmation e mail was sent out 2-11-2022. Still waiting for my FM-9. For those who are interested in the waitlist timeline.
Oh man I think they are on 8/28 or 8/29 for the waitlist. I can't imagine the wait for February. Hopefully they can start up again soon and some big batches!

Oh man I think they are on 8/28 or 8/29 for the waitlist. I can't imagine the wait for February. Hopefully they can start up again soon and some big batches!
If the unofficial waitlist tracker spreadsheet is any indication, and if it serves any use this would be it, to give an indication, orders dropped off massively after 8/27 and even more so after 8/28. So the apparency is that they have hit the bulk of them. Depending on the supply of chips I would expect the list to move rapidly, certainly nothing like the crawl of 8/27,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom