Waitlist Email

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Most "experts" don't see silicon manufacturing returning to pre-covid levels until well into 2023. I'm a late-comer to Fractal, but from what I understand people waited over a year for an FM3 - and that was without any chip shortage.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Most "experts" don't see silicon manufacturing returning to pre-covid levels until well into 2023. I'm a late-comer to Fractal, but from what I understand people waited over a year for an FM3 - and that was without any chip shortage.
The FM3 was announced before the product was actually released if I remember correctly.

Also, there was a production issue which added a further delay.

Yep. And a long time for the FM9, prior to the shortage. Fractal has a lot of demand for their products because they’re worth having.

For anyone waiting, the FM3+FC6 is a great combination with a surprising amount of power and is worth considering.

Yep. And a long time for the FM9, prior to the shortage. Fractal has a lot of demand for their products because they’re worth having.

For anyone waiting, the FM3+FC6 is a great combination with a surprising amount of power and is worth considering.
I really wish they would have made a revision to the FM3 like a "turbo edition" and offloaded the reverbs to a separate processor as the FM9 does. All of the videos I've seen of the FM3 seem to have the processor nearly maxed out with fairly modest patches. As new as it is, I think that the FM3 might be pushing its limits already.

Yep, would love the fm9 but this combo is really great!

I really wish they would have made a revision to the FM3 like a "turbo edition" and offloaded the reverbs to a separate processor as the FM9 does. All of the videos I've seen of the FM3 seem to have the processor nearly maxed out with fairly modest patches. As new as it is, I think that the FM3 might be pushing its limits already.
I think it's nowhere close to pushing its limits. People always want everything in their preset and they want their blocks to be set at the highest resolution, which causes fairly modest patches to max out the CPU. Yeah, the FM9 has an advantage with the bigger DSP and dual cores, but they're not available, so, an FM3 or the FX3 are the current choices. If they go with the FM3, then studying the factory presets can help immensely to learn how to build presets that do a lot without maxing it out. Heck, people max out the FX3-Turbo by setting everything to the highest quality and putting every block in it they think they'll ever need. I've seen presets that immediately raised CPU warnings on my FX3, that, with some judicious tweaking ran easily in the FX3; It's about knowing what to do when. And, I've taken presets that only run on the FX3 and with a few minor changes moved them to my FM3.

I've recently experienced that Reverb isn't even needed on many presets, especially for distorted live presets. Yet there it is, eating up DSP in my presets.

Removing it actually cleans things up. Let the natural room reverb do its thing.

Addition by subtraction from a tone perspective. And DSP. I'm going to start removing it from all except Ambient or Clean tone presets

Since Fractal is trialing alternative chips for this FM9 re-release, I wonder if these new units will be designated as such so resale values adjust accordingly.. I would imagine that using different chips would at the very least try to match the current power the original units have if not possibly surpass them marginally ensuring future successes...

Back
Top Bottom