Waitlist Email

Hi guys, I’m trying to get an FM-3 and have sent an email for the waiting list. Could anyone have an idea how long does it take? Hopefully not as long as for the FM-9 (which I’ve decided to move on hix) thanks in advance.

This kind of response is, IMNSHO, what drives people away from Fractal - or at least, its community: lots of attitude and expressions such as “the need to know”, as if we’re discussing state secrets or military tactics. Jeez, it’s an electronics company that manufactures musical instruments. Lighten up a bit.
So you want all companies to open their purchasing and parts inventory information to you, or does this only apply to Fractal? Please explain why that information should be available to the public. I, and many others I'm sure, would love to be enlightened.

The waiting and uncertainty about how much longer it might be is almost enough to drive me to the III. I had the II and loved it, but since having the FM3 I've fallen in love with being able to tote my entire rig in a Pedaltrain case. The other nagging thought is that by the time I'm able to get a 9 they'll be about two weeks away from introducing the FM10... o_O

I assume I'm on the "list" but the wait time has given me a chance to think (and lovely wife recommending) to just go III Mk2 turbo. I don't play out, I have plenty of desk space, I assume my FC-6 will suffice, can fill the space on my Temple 34" where my FM3 sits between two EV-1's with Mission TT2's...and never run out of CPU so I never compromise with presets also I can do two amps....BUT mainly the wife said "why do you just do that and be done with it". I love my wife...but she should know there is no "done with it" when it comes to gear!

I assume I'm on the "list" but the wait time has given me a chance to think (and lovely wife recommending) to just go III Mk2 turbo. I don't play out, I have plenty of desk space, I assume my FC-6 will suffice, can fill the space on my Temple 34" where my FM3 sits between two EV-1's with Mission TT2's...and never run out of CPU so I never compromise with presets also I can do two amps....BUT mainly the wife said "why do you just do that and be done with it". I love my wife...but she should know there is no "done with it" when it comes to gear!
If you're not going to rehearsals or gigs why not get the the Axe III. Ideal since you have an FC6

Hahaha Pure semantics Greg. One's as bad as the other if you just went all in on yesterday's model.
Bright side to all that is it would at least be different. As opposed to a NEW "fill in blank" Strat or "fill in the blank" Les Paul with nothing new except the name.
I do "wish" FAS would have some kind of "buy back" or "Trade-in" deal (like some golf club companies do) for upgrades to a higher model. Keep you from having to do the Reverb, Marketplace, Craigslist dance.

Bright side to all that is it would at least be different. As opposed to a NEW "fill in blank" Strat or "fill in the blank" Les Paul with nothing new except the name.
There’s a whole lot of bang-for-the-buck with these modelers, more so than I get with a guitar or amp that cost twice as much.

I do "wish" FAS would have some kind of "buy back" or "Trade-in" deal (like some golf club companies do) for upgrades to a higher model. Keep you from having to do the Reverb, Marketplace, Craigslist dance.
It’d be nice if there was a clearing house, but the way that Fractal updates the firmware and sticks with a consistent hardware platform ensures that even older units of the current generation are the equal of brand new ones performance-wise. It’s on us to use them where others can see and hear them, and thereby make the rest of the musicians want them, increasing their resale values even more.

There’s a whole lot of bang-for-the-buck with these modelers, more so than I get with a guitar or amp that cost twice as much.

It’d be nice if there was a clearing house, but the way that Fractal updates the firmware and sticks with a consistent hardware platform ensures that even older units of the current generation are the equal of brand new ones performance-wise. It’s on us to use them where others can see and hear them, and thereby make the rest of the musicians want them, increasing their resale values even more.
After playing all kinds of amps and pedals since the 70's I'll say if I had been able to get a FM3, FM9 or III in 1975 my life would've been complete! Can you imagine what firmware update we'd be at now? I challenge any tone snob to listen blindfolded to any preset on my FM3 through my Mission Eng. Gemini II at 90 dB and give me some lecture. Only real amps I have left are a 65 Deluxe Reverb (not reissue) and a Barcus-Berry XL-8 (the first amp my parents bought me after my third hand Kay Vanguard 705 actually caught fire). I've ran a A/B/AB with the "real" Deluxe and FAS Deluxe...side by side you'd be a better person than I am to hear the difference. Just my personal opinion.
Wonder if Cliff would want to work on a Kay Vanguard 705 or Barcus-Berry XL-8 model?? I'm sure there is a ton of requests for those two!

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten an FM9 invite since December? That's the last time someone updated the unofficial waitlist spreadsheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone gotten an FM9 invite since December?
Very very few invitations have gone out since our last official statement. The global semiconductor shortage and supply chain crisis makes it extremely challenging to acquire needed parts, but we have recently taken steps that will hopefully help us to work around this. I'll let you know when there is any official news about that.

Last edited:
Very very few invitations have gone out since our last official statement. The global semiconductor shortage and supply chain crisis makes it extremely challenging to acquire needed parts, but we have recently taken steps that will hopefully help us to work around this. I'll let you know when there is any official news about that.
That's some good news.

The thought of multiple FM9s getitng out into the world... is almost hard to imagine... like it will change music itself... that much power..

Back
Top Bottom