Waitlist Email

Was going through my email at work and couldn't find any evidence that I had emailed to get on the waitlist :oops:. Checked Gmail and all is right with the world. 8/29 at just before 2:00.

I’m 30 minutes away on the waitlist from getting my invite so when I saw an email from fractal today I got really excited. But they totally they faked me out again with another ad for Black Friday. By the way, I wonder if Romeo Rose knows that he is featured on their special T-shirts?

I waited and didn't get on the waitlist until 9/23. If its looking like more units won't come in until Feb/March and they'd only be starting the second day backorders, I may just try to pick one up off of Reverb. I imagine I maybe waiting until June at this rate?

I don't really want to give into the scalpers, but I've checked Reverb and some FM9s have been selling for just around $2,000 which isn't that bad. Any downsides to buying a used (but basically new) unit over waiting for a new one, besides the 1 year warranty? Thoughts? I have my Helix in the meantime.

All this stuff with the chip supplies also happened with graphics cards and I've been waiting over a year for a restock of the 3080 RTXs. I'm kind of worried if I wait longer and the supply chain gets worse, I'll have that same problem with the FM9.

I waited and didn't get on the waitlist until 9/23. If its looking like more units won't come in until Feb/March and they'd only be starting the second day backorders, I may just try to pick one up off of Reverb. I imagine I maybe waiting until June at this rate?

I don't really want to give into the scalpers, but I've checked Reverb and some FM9s have been selling for just around $2,000 which isn't that bad. Any downsides to buying a used (but basically new) unit over waiting for a new one, besides the 1 year warranty? Thoughts? I have my Helix in the meantime.

There are no guarantees that there will be units available in Feb but no guarantees that there won't be any in Jan. It's almost like predicting the weather...

The units on the used market can't be that worn due to the relative newness of the product. There should be no reason not to get one if you can score a good price on it.

Darn, I just put myself on the waiting list yesterday. I am going to sell my AXE-FX II XL and the MFC 101 Mark III midi foot controller as a package deal. But, it looks like I should wait until the FM9 is in stock and then sell it afterwards otherwise I have nothing.

From what I've seen tracking the invitation email people have posted, we're seeing the daily invitations cover a longer period of time in the wait-list, both each day and monthly. That's a hopeful sign because, during the FM3 wait, that acceleration continued until they were covering multiple days worth of people on the list. Yes, there is a temporary delay right now as Fractal waits on more inventory, but once it arrives we should see that acceleration continue.

Waitlist: 8/27 11:47pm EDT
Invite: 12/01 1:16pm EST
Purchased!

Sincerest thanks to the Fractal Audio Team for having these units available! Well done!
Now please.....
clash-of-the-titans-kraken.gif

:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom