Waitlist Email

I'd really like to know if they expect the next batch in Feb-March to be bigger or not. I got on the waiting list as soon as I heard about it, but it was a week late, on 9/4. If the 2nd batch is similar size, it looks like I will have a LONG wait. Would be nice to know and if I should just consider something else like the FM3.
There’s also the used market. You wouldn’t get the warranty but anything that was going to go wrong with a unit should have already happened.

There’s no way they’re going to say how many units they ordered. This is a small market with tight margins and Fractal doesn’t have a big corporation backing them, so it’s to their advantage to keep the competition in the dark.

We have no idea how many people are on the waitlist, so don’t try to estimate in your head how long you are going to wait as that leads to frustration. History tells us that the processing of the waitlist entries will accelerate as they progress; toward the end of the FM3 waitlist they were jumping ahead days. We were already starting to see acceleration in the FM9 waitlist, so take it as a positive sign.

Fractal learned a lot during the initial FM3 wait. I was on the list about a year and saw several pauses as they waited for stock so I understand the frustration, but that’s how it is so the best thing is to be zen-like and focus on other aspects of your music. They’ll restart as soon as they can.

Yea, I know. Just kinda bummed at the long wait for everything.

If I can't handle the wait and start doing hard drugs, get addicted, get desperate for money, start stealing semiconductors from China and amass a giant horde, get bored of it, get a job at Line 6, work my way up to CEO and force them to release Helix 2 all before the FM9 comes out for regular folks, don't blame me. Looks like I have a lot of time on my hands.
I know exactly what you're talking about. I went thru the same pain when I hopped on the FM3 wait list back then. I was so ... annoyed ... in the end that I didn't want it anymore when I finally received the invite and ignored the forum for about a year. Turned out to be a good decision with the FM9 finally showing up.

You know that moment you check your inbox and you suddenly see...."Fractal Audio Systems"....only to realize that your sudden joy is quickly deflated....

Today was that day. LOL!

:(

But...tomorrow is another day!

;)

8:27 9:42 PM called
11/22 invitation received 3:43
11/22 ordered at 3:52
11/25 Birthday arrival? More likely 11/26.
4 years into my Fractal journey, and the proud owner of FX3, probably time to change my handle?
Don't change nothing man, do it old school keep it vintage lol!

Rockman is next on the tracker! Are they suddenly out of stock? Are there 20 people ahead of me? Of course not, Fractal saved one just for me. I know, my imagination gets the best of me sometimes...I'm hopeful at any rate. If not, I will continue playing rock on my trusty axe 2, until spring and I will be the guy that almost got the invite for the FM9, first run. GOOD LUCK everyone waiting patiently.
Cheers,
Rockman

You know that moment you check your inbox and you suddenly see...."Fractal Audio Systems"....only to realize that your sudden joy is quickly deflated....

Today was that day. LOL!

:(

But...tomorrow is another day!

;)
Same thing here!

I did notice that it’s roughly $1500 for an fc 6 and FM3 combo. Not what I’m waiting for though

Last edited:
8/27 8:27 PM - sent email requesting add to waitlist
8/27 8:27 PM - received autoreply confirmation of waitlist add
11/17 1:08 PM - received the invite to purchase
11/17 3:07 PM - order placed
11/20 ~2:00 PM - received the unit
11/20 ~2:00:05 PM - retired the AX8 - 😂
11/22 11:00 PM - me running dual amps into a DAW ({JP2C via 4CM + FM9 Amps on Channel A/B} “pushed” to L/R respectively blending in at the mixer) just because 🤷‍♂️....and OMFGAAWD ...the CPU won't push past 70% if I tried hard (for what I use practically) - The sounds are so organic compared to my AX8 running something similar. It feels like I can hear both the real amp and the FM9 amp block having a distinct stereo spread but still sounding together in the mix at the same time making the blended sound so much more throatier than either taken separately on OUT 1L / OUT 1R. Much to tweak and relearn. I'm still getting to know the FM9 and the new blocks - one late night at a time.

Cheers y'all and Godspeed to those on the waitlist - hoping you guys receive it soonest.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.02.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.02.56 PM.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Rockman is stocked, as he receives FM9 invite at 1:18. Rockman receives purchase confirmation at 3:05 Eastern Time.
You know I went next day air. Ha!
I would have purchased sooner but I was rockin a plexi pre-set on the axe 2, and time slipped by me.
I was @ 9:56 on the Tracker.
Its going to be a "Rockin" Thanksgiving!!!
May you get an invite soon!!
Enjoy all that food!
Cheers,
Rockman

Back
Top Bottom