Waitlist Email

My waitlist request time is
Aug 28, 2021, 3:12 PM

Am thinking will be in the next batch unless there isnt somehow more than a weeks worth of orders in between lol. Damn

Edit: nvm found the wait list. Looks like 20 ish ahead of me or so.

Fixed

Last edited:
We're closing in on the end of this first phase so we've had to slow down invites to avoid accidentally overselling.
Within about a week, I think we'll be out of units until we can resupply -- now expected to be in February or March.
I'll post an update when that happens.

Meanwhile, I feel compelled to say for those who have nothing while they wait, the Axe-Fx III is available now, but could also sell out before a waiting period and re-supply.

The FM3 is also available -- and on sale -- in the US and Canada.
Where are you leaving off timewise at?

We're closing in on the end of this first phase so we've had to slow down invites to avoid accidentally overselling.
Within about a week, I think we'll be out of units until we can resupply -- now expected to be in February or March.

Meanwhile, I feel compelled to say for those who have nothing while they wait, the Axe-Fx III is available now, but could also sell out before a waiting period and re-supply.

So potentially the first phase or output of FM9s won't even handle the first day's (8/27) worth of orders? Yikes. This is due to the shortages in supplies?

Ugh this is frustrating news. I hope y'all have at least 21 units left, as I'm 21st on the list to go on the Google FM9 Waitlist Tracker. Of course this assumes only selling units to purchasers who are on that Google list...

Ugh this is frustrating news. I hope y'all have at least 21 units left, as I'm 21st on the list to go on the Google FM9 Waitlist Tracker. Of course this assumes only selling units to purchasers who are on that Google list...

That's the kicker at the end. I added myself to the list via my phone on Google sheets but its not showing up. You're ahead of me though by 15 hours or so lol. Could be lots not on the list but keeping optimistic hopes...

Happy for ya, Dave! :)
Thanks La Noise! having gone through the FM3 wait list for a considerable amount of time in the day I understand the wait list much better this time around, I consider myself "Not Worthy" for a FM9 but embrace the excitement and oppti to have one in my possession! (pictures to follow)

Matt, I'm sure it's a disappointment to those who haven't been invited yet, but at the same time it's a major kudo to FAS. Congratulations, the FM9 is a cool unit, as are its siblings.

I really look forward to seeing where the firmware goes during the interim. This is some serious hardware!

First of all, I'm glad the FM9 is selling so well, but Is there any time frame for the unanswered invites to expire?

I've seen quite a lot of people on different sites who say they received an invite but they are not following through for various reasons.

Perhaps a reminder invite email is sent to them with a 7 day period to close the deal or release their FM9 hold for others?

First of all, I'm glad the FM9 is selling so well, but Is there any time frame for the unanswered invites to expire?

I've seen quite a lot of people on different sites who say they received an invite but they are not following through for various reasons.

Perhaps a reminder invite email is sent to them with a 7 day period to close the deal or release their FM9 hold for others?
Fractal doesn't wait on people for too long to act on an invite. If people want to wait, that's fine, they are prioritized for next available units. It's not that Fractal has a huge pile of FM9s waiting on people to pay for them.

When someone receives an invitation in part it says:

Your invitation link does not technically expire, but supplies are limited so please don't delay.

Nope.

There’s nothing to worry about. Fractal has been doing this for a while, it’s not their first time.

Of course this assumes only selling units to purchasers who are on that Google list...
That’s not a good assumption. The sheet has no relationship with FAS.

There are a lot of people who are not on the spreadsheet who announced their invitation in this thread. Some made announcements and then added themselves to the sheet after the fact.

The only mechanism to get on the waiting list is:

To join the wait list, please send an email to waitlist@fractalaudio.com with the subject "FM9 Wait List".

That’s not a good assumption. The sheet has no relationship with FAS.

There are a lot of people who are not on the spreadsheet who announced their invitation in this thread. Some made announcements and then added themselves to the sheet after the fact.

The only mechanism to get on the waiting list is:
The following site shows you exactly where you are in line, and the precise ETA for your order: https://tinyurl.com/256pptxt

I'll post an update when that happens

1636825106633.gif

I understand the challenges that the global semiconductor shortage has caused. It’s unfortunate the supply chain issues are still ongoing. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?

A huge "Thank you," for the update!

It both manages expectations and saves time. If anything, it will increase my playing time by reducing my urge to check the FM9 Waitlist Tracker every day for the progression to my spot.

Also, a mixed blessing in that we recently had some big expected discretionary expenses and then got hit with a big unexpected one that dwarfs the price of the FM9. Nothing tragic other than the cost and I could have still gotten the FM9, but don't like dipping too far into my savings.

Then again, isn't the whole point of an emergency fund to purchase something like the FM9? ;)

Since I was the one that asked, I am surprised you responded in the very next post! Thank you so much for the update, I have 31 people ahead of me on our own email tracker, so I figured if things were going as well as they were, I could get it in a few weeks. This update gives me a realistic view of a timeline and for that I truly thank you! I do have an FM3 but it would have been EXTREMELY painful to check in every few days for updates just to be disappointed until March. So just want to say, that you guys know how to run a business! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom