Waitlist Email

Has the FM9 shown up in the guitar mags?

No, because for that to happen, we need to deny one of YOU a unit so they can review it. We'll do that once things cool down a little.

Also, to be honest, getting HONEST word-of-mouth promotion is often better than the review of an agency which allows opinion to be shaped based on how much ad revenue you do or don't send them. No offense, as some of them are great, but it does seem a bit like a racket.

No, because for that to happen, we need to deny one of YOU a unit so they can review it. We'll do that once things cool down a little.
I volunteer the next person on the waitlist. :)

Also, to be honest, getting HONEST word-of-mouth promotion is often better than the review of an agency which allows opinion to be shaped based on how much ad revenue you do or don't send them. No offense, as some of them are great, but it does seem a bit like a racket.
Agreed. Word of mouth is always better, and, it's better still when someone is actually using it in front of others so they can hear the device, and then talk to whoever is using it to get educated opinions.

Video reviews… I don't really trust them unless the person uses it in real life to make their living and has demonstrated a technical prowess with it, so they know what they're talking about. Some guy blathering about a device, with an axe to grind, and some glittering video title promising a bloody grudge match… not so much.

Come on 7:11! :cool: :guitar: I have been doing my best to stay out of the Jetstream, but its so close now that I'm going to be watching in between meetings all day!

If you didn't receive it today, it will probably happen tomorrow.
Hi @JasonE - I'm sure you are right and I can't wait! :cool: :guitar: This has been the fastest product delivery cycle in my memory at least! I was on the FM3 and AX3 watch for ever it seemed. Maybe its just the crazy pace of life this year, but this one seemed to go really quick even through some of the chip shortages etc. FAS did an awesome job with the product cycle once again!

My waitlist email was sent 8/27 at 6:29pm. I haven’t received an invitation. So I guess it isn’t strictly sequential?

Is that time when you sent the waitlist email or when you received the confirmation email?

Mine appeared to be the time I sent it. There was a 9 minute delay in getting the confirmation email from the system. When my name came up it was before they got to the time of my confirmation email.

Is that time when you sent the waitlist email or when you received the confirmation email?
Mine appeared to be the time I sent it. There was a 9 minute delay in getting the confirmation email from the system. When my name came up it was before they got to the time of my confirmation email.
The confirmation email is purely informative, it’s not the time slot in the waitlist. The moment your initial request was received by Fractal’s list server is your waitlist time.

Confirmation emails could be delayed or black-holed. See https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/missing-fm9-waitlist-auto-reply-read-this.176217/.

My waitlist email was sent 8/27 at 6:29pm. I haven’t received an invitation. So I guess it isn’t strictly sequential?

It’s purely sequential. If the request was sent from a central timezone state add an hour to make it eastern. Currently the list is processing times just after 7pm eastern. Contact sales if you feel you were skipped over.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom