Waitlist Email

Why the logjam on 8/27, can anyone explain? I sent my email 9/8 and it had seemed like the waitlist was moving along day-to-day but I see it's stuck on 8/27.

Why the logjam on 8/27, can anyone explain? I sent my email 9/8 and it had seemed like the waitlist was moving along day-to-day but I see it's stuck on 8/27.
I believe that 8/27 was the first day that orders were being accepted. They had a rush of buyers on Day 1, which they are now working through. I assume that once they get past 8/27, you’ll see faster movement.

I believe that 8/27 was the first day that orders were being accepted. They had a rush of buyers on Day 1, which they are now working through. I assume that once they get past 8/27, you’ll see faster movement.
That's exactly what happened, and will happen. It's important to remember that Fractal made the FM9 announcement on many different sites, so the waitlist contains people who are not on this forum; It's got to be a big list.

That's exactly what happened, and will happen. It's important to remember that Fractal made the FM9 announcement on many different sites, so the waitlist contains people who are not on this forum; It's got to be a big list.
I wonder too how many of us waited until we got home that evening (from work or whatever) before we decided to get wait-listed. Lesson learned ;-)

I wonder too how many of us waited until we got home that evening (from work or whatever) before we decided to get wait-listed. Lesson learned ;-)
At the top of the thread are several, like me, who watched the videos and/or checked to see if it was an April Fools joke, which put us a lot farther behind where we would have been if we'd immediately signed up.

At the top of the thread are several, like me, who watched the videos and/or checked to see if it was an April Fools joke, which put us a lot farther behind where we would have been if we'd immediately signed up.
But it wasn’t April! 😉

At least you weren’t like me - didn’t see the announcement until early Sep, then thought “I don’t NEED this.” Then realized of course I do and got on the waitlist a few days ago. :p

Joined the list 8/27 @ 4:19 pm eastern
Waitlist entry confirmed 8/27 @ 4:19 eastern

Invitation received (and ordered) 10/20 @ 1:11 pm eastern

I updated my entry on the google sheet

I opted for overnight delivery, and really really really really really hope that it can ship by tomorrow and deliver by Friday.

Joined the list 8/27 @ 4:19 pm eastern
Waitlist entry confirmed 8/27 @ 4:19 eastern

Invitation received (and ordered) 10/20 @ 1:11 pm eastern

I updated my entry on the google sheet

I opted for overnight delivery, and really really really really really hope that it can ship by tomorrow and deliver by Friday.
Congrats! Exciting.

How much is overnight shipping running…(I know it depends on where one is located, but just curious about a ballpark).

Congrats! Exciting.

How much is overnight shipping running…(I know it depends on where one is located, but just curious about a ballpark).
In my case, it was $96.50 for overnight (versus approx. $40 for ground). I live in Omaha, NE - but delivery will be to my office across the river in Council Bluffs, IA.

So it's definitely worth it to me, just to reduce the anxiety of watching the tracking number bounce all over the country. I'm not kidding when I say I've watched 'ground' shipments go from origination point to Chicago, to Orlando, to New Orleans, back to Chicago, then to Kansas City, before it passes through Chicago once more and is then finally put on a truck that passes through Cedar Rapids on it's way to Minneapolis where they find a bridge has been flooded, and the carrier does a return to sender. In 2021, you would think we would have this whole shipping thing figure out, haha.

In my case, it was $96.50 for overnight (versus approx. $40 for ground). I live in Omaha, NE - but delivery will be to my office across the river in Council Bluffs, IA.

So it's definitely worth it to me, just to reduce the anxiety of watching the tracking number bounce all over the country. I'm not kidding when I say I've watched 'ground' shipments go from origination point to Chicago, to Orlando, to New Orleans, back to Chicago, then to Kansas City, before it passes through Chicago once more and is then finally put on a truck that passes through Cedar Rapids on it's way to Minneapolis where they find a bridge has been flooded, and the carrier does a return to sender. In 2021, you would think we would have this whole shipping thing figure out, haha.
Ah yeah, that’s not bad at all. Definitely would be worth it to me as well. Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom