Waitlist Email

I think what I was trying to describe was a clarification of my statement, not a judgment for or against how a person could buy a product. And personally, I don't know how someone could use someone else's PayPal account. I mean, would you hand out your private account info, even to a friend? Nope. I'm not tempted into doing anything of the sort.

Even if FAS or your spouse was cool with it. I wouldn't reveal that kind of info to anyone. Your spouse would need to be exceptionally trustworthy with your money if you let her buy something with your PayPal account info, which may be the case with some families.

However, someone outside the family could be tempted. No one's perfect, and we could all find ourselves in trouble if we let anyone's account info slip. Gonna give that a wide, no thanks, and walk...

Well last week I recieved the einvite mail but something came up and the money I had saved for the FM9 is now one :( .... I wish the link still works in a few months, I hope to be able to buy it before the end of the year 🙏

I think what I was trying to describe was a clarification of my statement, not a judgment for or against how a person could buy a product.
You said he'd have to pay for it himself. I gave you an example of where that wasn't true. (Unless I misunderstood who you meant be "he" and "buddy." I thought I did, but whatever. It's really not that big of a deal.)
And personally, I don't know how someone could use someone else's PayPal account. I mean, would you hand out your private account info, even to a friend?
He didn't. :tearsofjoy: smh

Last edited:
Waitlist email: 27 Aug, 3:34 PM EDT

Purchase Invite: 18 Oct, 1:15 PM EDT

This will be my first purchase of fractal stuff... I still haven't made up my mind, to go with the FM3 or the FM9 :( I use a Sansamp flyrig rk5 with limited options live while at home, I have a bunch of pedals and a Mesa mrk5 that I hate to take out because of weight and other complications such as cable faults and other etc.. please can someone out there convince me to take a decision.

This will be my first purchase of fractal stuff... I still haven't made up my mind, to go with the FM3 or the FM9 :( I use a Sansamp flyrig rk5 with limited options live while at home, I have a bunch of pedals and a Mesa mrk5 that I hate to take out because of weight and other complications such as cable faults and other etc.. please can someone out there convince me to take a decision.
The number of switches on the FM9 make this an easy choice for you. You are accustomed to a footswitch for the Mesa, plus pedals, and even the FlyRig has two more switching options than the FM3. Granted, the FM3 is much more flexible than the hardwired switches of the FlyRig, so it’s not a one to one comparison, but the FM9’s switching capabilities are more like what you’re familiar with in a single layout and (my opinion here) why would you go with less if something is not forcing you to do that? Order the FM9… you’ll thank me later.

Reactions: mj3

I bought an FM3, my first FAS device, and learned that I like Ultra Res IRs, I like Ultra High quality reverbs, I like a good amount of effects available to me at any one time, and I like more than 3 footswitches. If the FM9 were available a year ago, I would have been better off buying that. I think if you get the FM3, there's a good chance you'll later wish you'd gone for the FM9. If you buy the FM9 now, I don't think you'll later wish you'd bought the FM3.

Direct answer: Personally, I would not. The warranty is not transferable, even if you paid for the item somehow. The offer to your friend would need for him to pay for the FM9, then you pay him, and have the FM9 shipped to you. You'd still be SOL regards the warranty.

can you please explain this : "The offer to your friend would need for him to pay for the FM9, then you pay him"

Sure.

The "friend" received the invite. Not knowing his name, "he" would need to pay for the FM9 through his account with FAS. The buddy (the person who inquired about possibly moving up his name in the waitlist) whom the friend had offered the FM9 to would then need to pay the friend for the FM9.

Understand?

Not necessarily true. For reasons that don't matter, when I bought my Axe III, I used a friend's PayPal. FAS just asked for a confirmation from him via phone that nothing shady was going on, since they have a policy of not shipping to a different address than the one connected to the card paying for the unit.
And like someone else said, what if your spouse or SO wanted to buy it for you as a gift, but make the sale in your name, for the warranty. I don't see any reason FAS wouldn't allow that.

I think what I was trying to describe was a clarification of my statement, not a judgment for or against how a person could buy a product. And personally, I don't know how someone could use someone else's PayPal account. I mean, would you hand out your private account info, even to a friend? Nope. I'm not tempted into doing anything of the sort.

Even if FAS or your spouse was cool with it. I wouldn't reveal that kind of info to anyone. Your spouse would need to be exceptionally trustworthy with your money if you let her buy something with your PayPal account info, which may be the case with some families.

However, someone outside the family could be tempted. No one's perfect, and we could all find ourselves in trouble if we let anyone's account info slip. Gonna give that a wide, no thanks, and walk...

You said he'd have to pay for it himself. I gave you an example of where that wasn't true. (Unless I misunderstood who you meant be "he" and "buddy." I thought I did, but whatever. It's really not that big of a deal.)

He didn't. :tearsofjoy: smh
I think there was some misconstrued interpretation of the data from the first quotation. If we look closely: "The offer to your friend would need for him to pay for the FM9, then you pay him, and have the FM9 shipped to you."

The friend would need to pay for the FM9. Then the person who the friend offered the FM9 to, to pay the friend.

I can see how that might get mixed up in interpretation. I sometimes have difficulty myself comprehending things like cheep, cheap, or Jeep. Just don't get me started on something like "truck."

I received my shipping notice and should be receiving Thursday. That works for me!

I have a rehearsal on Wed evening and the last thing I need is new gear to play with in advance and distract me from my preparations. The FM3 will work nicely while I am waiting on the FM9.

I received my shipping notice and should be receiving Thursday. That works for me!

I have a rehearsal on Wed evening and the last thing I need is new gear to play with in advance and distract me from my preparations. The FM3 will work nicely while I am waiting on the FM9.
That would be awesome if I had mine by this weekend. Where are you located? I'm in Michigan.

Based on current data of 1.375 units being ordered each day (takes into account business/non-business days) since Sept 14, my estimated invite arrival will land about on Thanksgiving, Nov 25th. I'd likely say that because of the holiday, FAS will not send out invites until they return to work the Monday after the holiday. So, essentially, the 29th towards the 1st of December. I'm the last person who ordered on August 28th at 5:59 PM.

You can try to calculate this for yourselves. You'll note that 1.375 is the average number of units being ordered each day since 9/14. This does not include those who are within this timeframe up until 10/18 but have not ordered since 9/14.

Back
Top Bottom