Waitlist Email

1h 59m progress for today... can I get a 2h? Come on Fractal!
Greg - how are you getting 1h 59minutes of progress? On Friday, there were people who were at about 3:30pn EST on the waitlist that got their invite. The highest I’ve seen today is just shy of 4pm EST.

It's not necessary to say when purchases have been made. We have no idea what sort of inventory there is so it's not a metric that is useful for any sort of trend unless someone is trying to figure out the average delay before purchasing, or as a study of human nature for the number of people who purchase vs decide to skip.
My bad, just joining the fun

Greg - how are you getting 1h 59minutes of progress? On Friday, there were people who were at about 3:30pn EST on the waitlist that got their invite. The highest I’ve seen today is just shy of 4pm EST.
You're right, I misread my sheet. We're at 27m of actual waitlist progress for today.

I have a bunch of different tables that I'm using to try to divulge interesting/useful information and looked at the wrong table. I might be exceeding my mental capacity.

Currently I show the waitlist has advanced 2h 50m from when I started tracking it on 9/13. People might want to try to use that to estimate when to expect an invitation, but I think there are too many unknowns and possible unexpected delays that can affect a projection like that.

Last edited:
You're right, I misread my sheet. We're at 27m of actual waitlist progress.

I have a bunch of different tables that I'm using to try to divulge interesting/useful information. I might be exceeding my mental capacity.
Ha! No worries. It’s awesome that you’ve taken this tracking on…thank you!!! I’m at 5:47pm on the waitlist (8/27). With the progress made today and last week, I’m now more hopeful that I’ll see an invite by the end of next week…maybe sooner if they’ve got decent inventory. Cheers!

That’s what I thought earlier… I was actually surprised that I got the invite today (3:57p ET), I was expecting Wed the earliest
That can happen. The numbers I have are based on who's reported in this thread, and that isn't necessarily an accurate reflection of where Fractal actually is.

I hate to sound selfish but I just want my number to come up please no more talk about anything until my number comes up that would be wonderful. 👍 Until then congratulations to everybody that's received an invite😡😫😩
What’s your waitlist time?

I think he means that only the person that received the invite can buy the FM9. The invite is not transferable. So if a friend of his received an invite, only that friend can buy (an pay) for the FM9. Then he would buy the FM9 from that friend, but he would lose the warranty, since the warranty would be on his friends name.

For the love of Christ- grow a pair and go to the ATM and give him the cake or your credit card info or whatever it takes to get the bloody unit.
Or don’t and risk probably buying a marked-up one on reverb by Christmas anyway.
I would be surprised to hear for sure that Fractal really care who’s name is on the card that pays.
I mean seriously- what if someone’s life partner wants to use his card to purchase the FM9 as a manaverssary gift for his guy who got an invite.
Or a wealthy mom for her spoiled teenage kid or whatever the scenario.
A valid Fractal warranty seems even more overrated then Neil Schon.
Haha- just joking Neil if your waiting too- your a friggin beast.

Last edited:
Ha! No worries. It’s awesome that you’ve taken this tracking on…thank you!!! I’m at 5:47pm on the waitlist (8/27). With the progress made today and last week, I’m now more hopeful that I’ll see an invite by the end of next week…maybe sooner if they’ve got decent inventory. Cheers!
Well, I certainly hope you get yours soon because my waitlist time is 8/27 @ 5:48 pm EDT. 😂😂😂. It certainly does seem like waitlist times are moving ahead at a more rapid pace. Really do hope everyone gets theirs as soon as practical. Kudos to Fractal for doing everything they can to accommodate everyone. 👍

August 27th @ 4:32pm Central time. I've been trying to talk myself out of getting it since I have an AxeIII and an FM3. No invite yet.

Sure.

The "friend" received the invite. Not knowing his name, "he" would need to pay for the FM9 through his account with FAS. The buddy (the person who inquired about possibly moving up his name in the waitlist) whom the friend had offered the FM9 to would then need to pay the friend for the FM9.

Understand?
Not necessarily true. For reasons that don't matter, when I bought my Axe III, I used a friend's PayPal. FAS just asked for a confirmation from him via phone that nothing shady was going on, since they have a policy of not shipping to a different address than the one connected to the card paying for the unit.
And like someone else said, what if your spouse or SO wanted to buy it for you as a gift, but make the sale in your name, for the warranty. I don't see any reason FAS wouldn't allow that.

Back
Top Bottom