Waitlist Email

Every guitar (or bass) that gets put up on one of my five wall hangars has its own strap attached (usually with strap locks) and ready for action. The only times the strap comes off is when they go in their cases for transport or storage.

You’re insane! No straps ever on the wall for me. I keep my straps draped on a hook out of sight, takes 10 seconds to lock on.

It was an observation from that photo just like all the other off topic comments about that photo. :)
I’m just wondering if it’s really strange (bad?) to hang a guitar with a strap and cable. I’m not trying to be snarky…I’m honestly curious.

I’m just wondering if it’s really strange (bad?) to hang a guitar with a strap and cable. I’m not trying to be snarky…I’m honestly curious.

Not at all. Do what seems right to you.

The only thing I worry about after I've left mine plugged in is that I might step or trip on the cord and pull the guitar down, but that's because my guitars are on the other side of the room from the modelers resulting in a 15' or 20' cable on the floor.

Years ago they used materials on straps and the padding for hangers and stands that could affect the guitar's finish. We'd see guitars with discoloration marks, but I haven't seen anything like that in a long time.

Yikes! Your surgeon really wrapped the heck out of that hand. That must've been a monster cyst !!

I underwent a similar procedure on Sept 29. Trigger thumb release & removal of a 1/2" cyst from that first thumb joint (on the palm side of my hand). I opted for a local anesthetic, and he sent me home with a few light wraps of flexible bandage.

I was playing again the next night. Yes, it hurt - but was a thousand times better than it was before the operation. I took the wraps off last night, and will cover the stitches with a band until the stitches come out on Oct 13. All my bruising is pretty much gone, so it's really just the cut and the stiches that I need to watch out for.

I expect it to be a couple months before I'm 100% again, but I already feel like I'm at 85% right now. As long as I don't lift anything too heavy or tear the stitches.

Compared to your hand, I feel pretty fortunate. Good luck on your recovery.

View attachment 89733
Glad you're recovering well. My cyst wasn't more than 3/8" but my doctor/surgeon's partner is a guitarist and related to the bad location and didn't want to put me in a thumb splint for two weeks. I'll know more Saturday when I remove three miles of wrap!

Years ago they used materials on straps and the padding for hangers and stands that could affect the guitar's finish. We'd see guitars with discoloration marks, but I haven't seen anything like that in a long time.

This would be my only concern with the strap. I have 3 guitars hanging on my walls. I leave a strap on them occasionally, one of the three has a strap on it now. However, you need to know what the finish is on your guitar and if the chemicals used to tan the leather could affect it. If it is a nitro finish, I wouldn't leave a leather strap on it if it touches the guitar at all, just to be sure. I use Schaller strap locks and that keeps the strap from touching the body of the guitar. Materials other than leather may be okay to touch the guitar while hanging there and not cause any issues.

I don't ever leave them plugged in.

Received my invite this afternoon. Entered the list Aug 27 @ 2:08pm ET invitation received 1:38pm today. I placed the order a little while ago.
I loved my AX8 and now my FM3 however, when I saw the FM9 and the added buttons & features, all I can say is "Perfect!".
My FM3 and DMC 3XL combo served me well and had the FM9 not been released, I was looking at getting the FC6 to get better control of my layout.

Many thanks to the gang at FAS and look forward to getting my unit. Until then however, I'm holding on to the FM3 and perhaps with a little extra overtime pay and selling other gear, I can keep both.

Got waitlist email verification Friday 8/27 944PM
Have fund waiting

LOL - I think you're the first person I've read about in this thread who may have got on the list later than I did (depending on your time zone). I haven't read this entire thread though. Got my verification email at 7:37pm CST. Not exactly holding my breath my name comes up any time soon, but I am highly amused at all the data flying about in this thread. I do think it is helping me not get too twitchy as I hurry up and wait. And wait.

I got the invite today, but no tracking number. What’s been your experience with the time to ship after paying?

I got the invite today, but no tracking number. What’s been your experience with the time to ship after paying?

Depends. When I bought my FM3 after receiving invite, it took several days before it actually shipped out. If you pay for shipping upgrade you are only potentially changing the shipping speed, not the time it takes to process and pack the order. It all depends on inventory and workload at Fractal HQ.

Ouch. I wouldn’t be happy paying for overnight shipping on a Thursday for it to be shipped Friday and delivered Monday.
I ordered mine on 10/5 just before 2PM EST (40 min after invite). Got confirmation on the order within minutes. Got a shipping confirmation on 10/6 just before 1PM EST. Later in the day on 10/6 got UPS update saying it will be delivered to my house on 10/7 just before 10:30AM PST - I am on the west coast.

I need your opinion guys, I have a big pedal board that I use and has the following pedals: BigSky, Timeline, Iridium, H9, Boss EQ, JHS Timmons, keeley Comp, Friedman BEOD all connected to Boss Es8 Switcher and powered by two power supplies Onespot CS12 and Cioks dc10. I mostly all the options I need and I can get beautiful sounds the problem is that it’s super heavy and noisy and when I connect to my amp (Mesa boogie Markv25) it’s a hassle using the 4 cable method.

I stopped using it live and bought a Sansamp flyrig rk5v2 which is useful, compact and convenient to practices and live performances but again still limited, even though I miss the big sound from my big board but I appreciate convenience.

So my question is I want something more than the flyrig while selling most of the pedals (strymons maybe or/and h9) and keep the amp. So I considered to buy the HXstomp or HX stomp XL but then the FM3 got introduced and I decided to buy it but couldn’t again the Fm9 got released and I pitched myself into the waitlist without knowing what I should go with.

I’m not familiar with modeling at all and the thing they say about the power capability being twice the FM3, I play with 3 bands with different genres and sometimes acoustic gigs too so I need something versatile.

Should I go with FM9 or Fm3… should I downsize and stick to my guitar pedals? Please send me what do you think I should do.
You should post this as a new thread in the FM9 discussion area. This thread is regarding the waitlist email, and for folks to chime in with their invite and waitlist times.

Back
Top Bottom