Waitlist Email

Not gonna lie, I’m kinda morbidly curious if they did run out of stock. Would absolutely NOT be surprising.
I'm pretty sure they did. Early on they said they had "a few hundred" for the initial VIPs and artists and long-time supporters and then rolled into the waitlist. And, when those were gone they'd have more, which we assume will be in October, but when is conditional because of the impact of the virus on part available and shipping.

I'm pretty sure they did. Early on they said they had "a few hundred" for the initial VIPs and artists and long-time supporters and then rolled into the waitlist. And, when those were gone they'd have more, which we assume will be in October, but when is conditional because of the impact of the virus on part available and shipping.
Yeah I’m guessing the same thing. That last couple of days people were getting invitations I was thinking, “this could be the last of the initial few hundred.” Hopefully we are wrong and they still have some or that they get a “Big Fracking Shipment” in soon.

Yeah I’m guessing the same thing. That last couple of days people were getting invitations I was thinking, “this could be the last of the initial few hundred.” Hopefully we are wrong and they still have some or that they get a “Big Fracking Shipment” in soon.
I'm sitting at 1:39p EST, and the invitations stopped at 1:37p, and they've been processing about 2-3 minutes/day, so I think I'll be in the first day they start processing again. Fingers crossed.

I'm sitting at 1:39p EST, and the invitations stopped at 1:37p, and they've been processing about 2-3 minutes/day, so I think I'll be in the first day they start processing again. Fingers crossed.

I don’t think that 1:37 was right because many on the list before that didn’t get their invitations.

I don’t think that 1:37 was right because many on the list before that didn’t get their invitations.

Yes 1:37 is correct….they just didn’t get all the way through all the people at 1:37 yet.

And @flametop is the single strange case of someone who reported he got in the list before 1:37 [his was 1:30 Eastern] and hasn’t gotten an invite yet. And he’s been in contact with sales who seem to have confirmed he was on the list as of then but he hasn’t said he’s received an invite.

Waitlist confirmation received on 8/27 at 1:37PM EST

Waitlist confirmation received on 8/27 at 1:37PM EST — Invite received today at 1:22 EST
I sent mine at 1:37PM ET on the 27th but nothing yet....hoping it comes today or tmrw so I can get it next week! I have seen others with 1:37 but so far no luck for me,
oddly, I'm a 1:37 confirmation as well. (NO INVITE YET) Still undecided anyway though. I like the portability of the FM3, but the processing power of the FM9 intrigues me...

Hmm. I wonder if it’s possible they’re not out of stock yet and instead they’re rechecking to ensure they didn’t miss anyone.

Ugh. This thread. I already have my FM9 but I can’t stop coming back to check where they’re at on the list. Like I said: morbid curiosity.

Hmm. I wonder if it’s possible they’re not out of stock yet and instead they’re rechecking to ensure they didn’t miss anyone.

Ugh. This thread. I already have my FM9 but I can’t stop coming back to check where they’re at on the list. Like I said: morbid curiosity.
That is kind of like waiting in line to get in a busy restaurant for some time and once you are seated and eating your meal going back to the hostess stand and checking out the wait list to see how long you would have been waiting if you did not arrive when you did.

There are plenty of comparisons in this thread to the Seinfeld episode "The Chinese Restaurant"

That is kind of like waiting in line to get in a busy restaurant for some time and once you are seated and eating your meal going back to the hostess stand and checking out the wait list to see how long you would have been waiting if you did not arrive when you did.

There are plenty of comparisons in this thread to the Seinfeld episode "The Chinese Restaurant"

Lol. Hilarious episode.

But nahhhh….it’s more like I’m sitting at my table having a great dinner and hoping my friends aren’t waiting too long to get in so they can have a great meal too. :)

Yes 1:37 is correct….they just didn’t get all the way through all the people at 1:37 yet.

And @flametop is the single strange case of someone who reported he got in the list before 1:37 [his was 1:30 Eastern] and hasn’t gotten an invite yet. And he’s been in contact with sales who seem to have confirmed he was on the list as of then but he hasn’t said he’s received an invite.

My guess is they are holding a certain number of units back to cover those people who have received invites but have not made their purchase yet, and maybe they are holding an additional number of units as a buffer for RMAs (or other critical reasons). Just some speculation but that's what I would have done. However, I think at this point I would start bypassing those who received invites but have not purchased yet in order to fulfill the orders of those ready to buy now.

As I understand it, they receive the finished motherboards from off-shore, but do the burn-in and final assembly, Q/A and packaging here, so they might be burning-in a lot of boards and finishing and packing the units. They might also have sent some to G66, though I'd expect to see notices in the G66 waitlist thread in the sub-forum.

Or, it might all be a massive alien psychological experiment and @FractalAudio is using alien software algorithms to do the modeling, and we're really living inside an invisible cage, or we're actually on racks inside a huge building wired into their power supply… or….

As I understand it, they receive the finished motherboards from off-shore, but do the burn-in and final assembly, Q/A and packaging here, so they might be burning-in a lot of boards and finishing and packing the units. They might also have sent some to G66, though I'd expect to see notices in the G66 waitlist thread in the sub-forum.

Or, it might all be a massive alien psychological experiment and @FractalAudio is using alien software algorithms to do the modeling, and we're really living inside an invisible cage, or we're actually on racks inside a huge building wired into their power supply… or….
There is some construction and testing time, but the focus is not on that.

If you were a legitimate business, you'd want us to give you our money for a legitimate product. There's a caution awaiting, and creating a desire for us to incur additional debt is the same as asking us to fork over our money ASAP. Be patient and try the "retail diet" for a time, and see what happens. You had said you were planning on repurposing your Temple board. There's a project waiting for you.

Last edited:
There is some construction and testing time, but the focus is not on that.

If you were a legitimate business, you'd want us to give you our money for a legitimate product. There's a caution awaiting, and creating a desire for us to incur additional debt is the same as asking us to fork over our money ASAP. Be patient and try the "retail diet" for a time, and see what happens. You had said you were planning on repurposing your Temple board. There's a project waiting for you.
Huh? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom