Waitlist Email

12:27 Central time is when I signed up, so someone getting an invite from 3 minutes later is a bit worrisome, but waiting patiently. Haven’t completely made up my mind to purchase anyway.

Ok, math again folks. :)

Waitlist confirmation time can be a few minutes behind when the waitlist
email was sent by the person getting on the waitlist.

Not sorry to be "that" guy. ;)

Ok, math again folks. :)

Waitlist confirmation time can be a few minutes behind when the waitlist
email was sent by the person getting on the waitlist.

Not sorry to be "that" guy. ;)

Sending the email and getting the confirmation back was instantaneous for me.

Mine were 8 minutes apart.
Your ISP server mail settings will make a difference. Some applications allow you to choose instantaneous "push," other apps default to 2 mins or sometimes 5 minutes delay between the time an email was sent and when it arrives in your inbox.

I think my Mail app is set instantaneous; my waitlist request was sent on the 28th at 5:59 PM EDT; the confirmation email arrived less than a minute later, at 6:00 PM EDT.

I'll let myself out now...Mr. Obvious needs a break...

(I've got quite a while before my name comes up. Remind me to find something to do between now and then...I know...guitar practice with a borrowed amp while I'm currently amp-less. This will keep the chops up.)

12:27 Central time is when I signed up, so someone getting an invite from 3 minutes later is a bit worrisome, but waiting patiently. Haven’t completely made up my mind to purchase anyway.
When did you receive the confirmation email?

Question - I have access to use another person's invite. If I use that invite will I not get the warranty? I know I cannot buy a Fractal unit and sell it, and that buyer keep the warranty, but what about the invite email?

Question - I have access to use another person's invite. If I use that invite will I not get the warranty? I know I cannot buy a Fractal unit and sell it, and that buyer keep the warranty, but what about the invite email?
Who gave you "access" to use someone else's invite?

Not sure but I think you will need the other dudes photo and also his DL photo to purchase since it is someone else on the FAS account, your paying with your CC and a first time buyer? It's fraud protection for FAS. Yeah, I'd call them for sure.

Not sure but I think you will need the other dudes photo and also his DL photo to purchase since it is someone else on the FAS account, your paying with your CC and a first time buyer? It's fraud protection for FAS. Yeah, I'd call them for sure.
Would be my CC, I have bought before. FM3. Not buying the FM9 to resale, buying to keep.

Would be my CC, I have bought before. FM3. Not buying the FM9 to resale, buying to keep.
If it were me, I'd definitely ask Fractal sales. FAS may have a policy against accepting someone else's advanced place in the waiting list.

The workaround might be for the original person whose place you're taking buys the FM9 with his CC, ships to him, then re-ships to you, and you paid him, the deal might be considered more legit. Warranty is valid for original retail purchaser only, according to the FM9 manual, page 124.

I wish you the best, but my feeling is you'll not receive warranty coverage.

For those eager for useless speculation to help pass the time - I noticed last week (sept 13-17) that the week began with confirmation times of ~1:09 EDT and ended with 1:27 EDT... roughly 20 minutes for the week.

My conclusion ... it's impossible to project that to this week :p

Back
Top Bottom