Waitlist Email

Where on the faqs does it mention shipping dates and batches?

Located in FM9 FAQ:

"When is the FM9 shipping?
The first batch of FM9s began shipping on the day the unit was announced. Regrettably, during a global semiconductor shortage, supply is not expected to be able to meet demand, so the unit will soon require a waitlist. The next batch is expected to be ready to ship in October, with more units to follow on a continual basis after that. To join the waitlist or for additional information, see https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm9"

Last edited:
Located in FM9 FAQ:

"When is the FM9 shipping?
The first batch of FM9s began shipping on the day the unit was announced. Regrettably, during a global semiconductor shortage, supply is not expected to be able to meet demand, so the unit will soon require a waitlist. The next batch is expected to be ready to ship in October, with more units to follow on a continual basis after that. To join the waitlist or for additional information, see https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm9"
Nice ! But I still deeply hope I’m a first batcher! My waitlist time is pretty good!

Nice ! But I still deeply hope I’m a first batcher! My waitlist time is pretty good!
My request went in on the 28th 5:59 PM EDT. Am almost certain the first hundred or so are for VIP/Artists who are already endorsees of Fractal. Will be happy if my invite arrives in October.
I’d consider the first batch to be the “few hundred” Cliff said they currently have.
TBH, I think the first batch included "a hundred or so" units. Although I may be wrong regards the actual numbers, I'd welcome Cliff to pop in and correct any information if needed...even a Cliff quote would work...

Just FYI. I called sales on Friday because there was a potential mix up with my waitlist email. The sales rep I talked to was very nice, but said there was no way he could give me any help with my issue. He said there were thousands and thousands of requests and they don’t even have an extracted list from the automated system yet. It sounded like there is huge demand for the FM9. Let’s hope their supplier can keep up!

😟 Seems like this will be a protracted wait...oh, well, the light shines brighter even in the darkest times...

I wouldn't take those numbers as gospel but even so, thing should move much smoother than the FM3. October should show how the wait will progress going into the holidays.

It wouldn't surprise me if they got several thousand signups in the first few minutes of the email. There are many people here that got on the list in the first 2-3 minutes and this forum represents only a small fraction of the Fractal user base.

We don't know enough to make any sort of estimation of timelines. We do know that Fractal and the transportation industry learned a lot since the onset of the virus.

This again is true. Like many, I'm a cup half-full guy, but expect to drink the remainder of the cup.

I'm still here hoping the server will offer a free refill until it's time to call it an evening.

Only as much optimism as long as the cup is still half-full.

Anyway, no sense waiting to go home while an invitation is being cooked up in the kitchen. This is a 24-hour place, isn't it...?

Indeed. We also know there are lot of shortages of components.
From my understanding, the Axe FX III uses Texas Instruments chips, but the FM9 and FM3 uses "Analog Devices" chips. The reason for this is becasue the TI chip is more powerful and produces more heat, which requires more cooling than the Analog Devices chips.

Someone will need to research the Analog Devices chips (where they're produced) to help determine whether the "global chip shortage" affects importing foreign-made chips, or ones produced in the U.S.

If indeed Analog Devices chips are produced in the U.S., it's less likely that the global shortage has a wider range effect on FM9 production, realizing that Analog Devices chips may be produced on U.S. soil which might help ease the shortage of "global demand."

Of course, this is mostly "what-if" and guesswork, but it stands to reason that domestic components might be more accessible than foreign-made ones.

(Source: Wiki FM9)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom