Waitlist Email

Ah, but how could such a question be answered? With information that we don't have.
That's the purpose of the thread. To ask if anyone has made the purchase from a waitlist email....

I thought that was what a forum was for - asking questions.

Yeah, I was gonna say! 2 FM3's and an FM9?!

Some folks have a Helix and a QC and a couple of Fractal units. I am far from the
worst offender in these parts. ;)

Not much of a rack guy so the FM units are right up my alley. I can see keeping
one FM3 and also using an FM9. Could really go into overkill and have a 3 amp
wet/dry/wet setup with those.

I took my time over the past 18 months or so. I have heard my buddy's Helix at
least once a week for 5 years now (it never wowed me). I did take the plunge,
though, and snagged an Helix last year. It froze one me and blanked the screen on
a firmware update, so I sent it back after like 30 days or so. I did dig their Editor
and UI, but the sound on the top-end was really plinky and harsh to my ears. Gave
me ear fatigue. So when I sent it back I swapped for a Kemper Stage. I still think
that sounded great (especially live) and had a better top-end sound and feel than
anything I ever heard from L6. But the UI was trash. Hello 1995!!! ;)

I hung onto it until I received an FM3. As soon as I started using the FM3 I knew the
Kemper was a goner.

I missed using multiple amps in a wet/dry config at home and that is why I snagged a
2nd FM3 (and was contemplating an AXE III before making that move). I may come
across as rash and impulsive, but every move is measured. I think. :)

Last edited:
Got my waitlist confirmation at 12:42 pm Mountain.
Hopefully it's not a super long wait like the FM3 heh (I think that was like 12 months or so).

Oh here we go again. Got my confirmation email at 7:10am on 8/28 for the FM9. Looked back at my email history for the FM3, I got my waitlist confirmation on 5/18/19. Received my purchase invite 5/5/20. If I remember correctly the FM3 was announced late April 2019 so I was about a month late in getting on the waitlist that time around. Hopefully only being less then one full day off this time around will mean I won’t have to wait 12 months for purchase email.

Back
Top Bottom