Waitlist Email

That statement is vague when taking it in the context @DANLUNATIC 's question of "Does that mean ax8 always had a waitlist?"

The AX8 did not always have a waitlist. Both @LizzyD and I bought the AX8 directly without a waitlist.

I'm not sure of all the particulars, but originally there was a waitlist and then they got enough in stock so no waitlist was necessary. Then, it seems Fractal went out of stock of the AX8, put people on a new AX8 waitlist, announced the FM3, and then put the AX8 people on the FM3 waitlist. I am not sure at what point they discontinued the AX8. It is possible they did not have their supply chain under control, kept accepting orders, and then later discontinued it. I doubt they would keep taking orders for the AX8 when it went out of stock and they already knew they were discontinuing it. I would hope not, as I would have hated waiting for an AX8 and then being offered a FM3, as I prefer the AX8 over the FM3 because of its form factor. They may have not wanted to reveal the FM3 too soon, and the AX8 being discontinued could have hinted at something new, but just leaking a hint of something new without revealing it would not be as bad as misleading customers. Fractal has been classier than that, so I suspect it was supply chain issues. Although, there may have been other reasons.
Fractal does not take actual orders for out of stock items. Yes there was a time that the Ax8 could be bought without a wait. Eventually it would go out of stock and if it was out of stock a while they would start a list again. It would eventually be back in stock with no list. This cycle happened up until it was discontinued. They produces the Ax8 a few years before launching the next gen floor unit

We've covered roughly 2.5 hours of waitlist since September 9th....I think? I'm 9:12pm ET, so it wouldn't surprise me to see an invite in November, pending availability I suppose :)

We've covered roughly 2.5 hours of waitlist since September 9th....I think? I'm 9:12pm ET, so it wouldn't surprise me to see an invite in November, pending availability I suppose :)
I show 2h 23m but I started tracking when it appeared we were beyond the initial VIP and power users. The average advance for the invitation list is 20m per business day right now.

Does anyone know if Fractal would transfer an invite to someone else? Someone I know who got the invite has graciously offered me the unit as he’s unsure if he wants the unit. We were going to transfer my waitlist time to him so he has a few more weeks to think about it.

Does anyone know if Fractal would transfer an invite to someone else? Someone I know who got the invite has graciously offered me the unit as he’s unsure if he wants the unit. We were going to transfer my waitlist time to him so he has a few more weeks to think about it.
Just... pay for his order and ship it to you? Maybe? Then if he wants it when your order is up he can pay for yours and ship it to him.

Or talk to Fractal, I'm sure they'd be accommodating.

Just try it. The email says the track but in the passed nothing stopped someone from using someone else invite

Look through this thread this has actually been brought up I don't think it would work but I don't know as far as warranty goes

Do invitations to purchase go out on the weekends?
I don't think so, but I can tweak my data and look for weekend invitations.

Actually, I hope not. Fractal is a small company, they work really hard, and they deserve their days off because they throw so much passion into their work, which is what creates the products we enjoy. We'll see comments from the moderators on weekends, who, I hope, are working from home in an easy chair, wearing a bathrobe and their cowboy boots, as their kids run around making noise, all because they're so passionate about their jobs that they left their robes on.

And the peanut gallery all said "EEEEWWWWwwww".

PS - I looked and the invitations were always on weekdays.

Last edited:
He can wait as long as he wants, invitations don't expire, but they are subject to product availability.

Transferring invitations to others would open the door to scalping, something I suspect Fractal would be strongly against as it encourages someone to request blocks of waitlist slots then sell them.

I don't think so, but I can tweak my data and look for weekend invitations.

Actually, I hope not. Fractal is a small company, they work really hard, and they deserve their days off because they throw so much passion into their work, which is what creates the products we enjoy. We'll see comments from the moderators on weekends, who, I hope, are working from home in an easy chair, wearing a bathrobe and their cowboy boots, as their kids run around making noise, all because they're so passionate about their jobs that they left their robes on.

And the peanut gallery all said "EEEEWWWWwwww".

PS - I looked and the invitations were always on weekdays.
Cheers, Greg

Back
Top Bottom