• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Waitlist Email

RevDrucifer

Power User
I’m actually glad I’m 8/31, sounds like there’s some outstanding issues and missing features in the 1.0 FW (AFIII Pitch Block, maybe even increasing it to 2). Also looks like FM9-Edit is having some significant issues (backups and importing issues with delay times). Hopefully my number comes up after the first FW update is released. Now I’m not so jealous of the early lab rats.

I have not experienced these “outstanding” issues myself. Just outstanding tones and convenience!

DoctorAK

So I'm curious...new to the Fractal game, and to modelers in general. I just started researching them, and wanted a floor unit exactly like the FM9. Fractal seems like the best, and I was excited that the FM9 is coming out. Since I was late to the game, I decided to hop on the FM9 waitlist, but didn't get on til Oct 6.

So I figured I might be waiting through, say, November when I got on the list, and that was fine with me. I'm not in a huge rush. But now I'm seeing reports that people waited for their FM3 for a year or more...realistically when do you think I get an FM9? As I said, no huge rush, but if I'm looking at next summer or fall, I will likely not wait for one and will probably go with a Helix or Kemper stage. In which case I'll have to decide whether to sell it when I am eligible for an FM9, or just keep it if I'm happy enough with it. As I mentioned, I'm new to the modeling game, and this would be my first modeler. I do want an FM9, but a year seems like way too long to wait. And the cost of an FXIII plus FC12 doesn't seem worth it to me since it doesn't really fit my use case (live gigging and home practice, no studio work needed).

From my tracking, it’s a reasonable guess. We’ve been hovering around 8-10 minutes/day of progress. Of course there’s no way to know what the supply is, or whether other mitigating events will occur that change that.
Unfortunately. If it is that long I probably won't buy it, seems really slow going. My patience isn't what it should be.

Greg Ferguson

Fractal Fanatic
So I'm curious...new to the Fractal game, and to modelers in general. I just started researching them, and wanted a floor unit exactly like the FM9. Fractal seems like the best, and I was excited that the FM9 is coming out. Since I was late to the game, I decided to hop on the FM9 waitlist, but didn't get on til Oct 6.

So I figured I might be waiting through, say, November when I got on the list, and that was fine with me. I'm not in a huge rush. But now I'm seeing reports that people waited for their FM3 for a year or more...realistically when do you think I get an FM9? As I said, no huge rush, but if I'm looking at next summer or fall, I will likely not wait for one and will probably go with a Helix or Kemper stage. In which case I'll have to decide whether to sell it when I am eligible for an FM9, or just keep it if I'm happy enough with it. As I mentioned, I'm new to the modeling game, and this would be my first modeler. I do want an FM9, but a year seems like way too long to wait. And the cost of an FXIII plus FC12 doesn't seem worth it to me since it doesn't really fit my use case (live gigging and home practice, no studio work needed).
You can't compare the FM3 wait to the FM9. They're in different circumstances, the chip makers, the shipping companies, and Fractal learned a lot about getting things done from then until now.

When we were waiting for the FM3, all hell was breaking out, and nobody knew what to expect. We had lock-downs that stopped everything necessary to build the units. That's different from now.

Greg Ferguson

Fractal Fanatic
Unfortunately. If it is that long I probably won't buy it, seems really slow going. My patience isn't what it should be.
[…]
a year seems like way too long to wait.

Unless you're going for the FM3 or FX3 as an alternative, and can order now, I'd wait for the FM9. All three units are great, but the FM9 is excellent for an all-around choice and mix of features and capabilities.

Nobody knows how long it'll take, but a year wait seems way too long. Again, with the FM3 wait there were major extenuating circumstances, and, as they worked their way through the list we were seeing the progress moving faster and faster until they were jumping many days at a time. We've already see the FM9 list move from a few minutes to over ten minutes/day.

PS - If you're a pro, especially if you're working in a commercial studio, go for the FX3. If you're just getting into modelers or need to do fly-dates or carry a lot of gear at once, the FM3 + FC6 is an excellent combination, especially with the Studio Slips FM3+FC6 deluxe bag; I helped design that bag and it's made to make it easy to travel. Otherwise, go for the FM9.

Last edited:
Unless you're going for the FM3 or FX3 as an alternative, and can order now, I'd wait for the FM9. All three units are great, but the FM9 is excellent for an all-around choice and mix of features and capabilities.

Nobody knows how long it'll take, but a year wait seems way too long. Again, with the FM3 wait there were major extenuating circumstances, and, as they worked their way through the list we were seeing the progress moving faster and faster until they were jumping many days at a time. We've already see the FM9 list move from a few minutes to over ten minutes/day.

PS - If you're a pro, especially if you're working in a commercial studio, go for the FX3. If you're just getting into modelers or need to do fly-dates or carry a lot of gear at once, the FM3 + FC6 is an excellent combination, especially with the Studio Slips FM3+FC6 deluxe bag; I helped design that bag and it's made to make it easy to travel. Otherwise, go for the FM9.
Actually I have been using Helix for the last 6 years and am pretty satisfied with it, physically it's larger and heavier than it needs to be and line 6 seem to be content to rest on their laurels as far as that goes.
I recently tried and sold the quad cortex just right around the time the fm9 was announced and Finally fractal was offering something Interesting to me so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I have no interest in the fm3 as I love running two amps in stereo and have no interest in the FX3 because I don't want to carry it around. So really for me it's the FM9 or nothing as far as fractal goes.

We will see what happens I guess but the longer I have to wait the better the chances i spend that money on something really dumb like an SG.

We will see what happens I guess but the longer I have to wait the better the chances i spend that money on something really dumb like an SG.

Having just bought an SG, I resemble that remark! :tearsofjoy: I don't think it's working for me, though. So far, I can't see why I would pick it up instead of my LP. There's a circuitboard in the cavity, so not an easy pickup swap. But, even unplugged, everything is pushed toward the mids, light on bass and treble. Not as balanced as the LP. I played one at a store and really liked it, but at home, not working for me. It might go back. We'll see, I guess. YMMV.

Greg Ferguson

Fractal Fanatic
Actually I have been using Helix for the last 6 years and am pretty satisfied with it, physically it's larger and heavier than it needs to be and line 6 seem to be content to rest on their laurels as far as that goes.
Line 6, alas, I remember them well. Been there and done them, but I can't imagine them ever coming up with a product that'd catch my eye again. They lack imagination and the drive that we see regularly from Fractal. I like my FM3+FC6 better than I did any/all of my Helix units, and the FM9 or FX3? Oh hell yeah!

sarge

Experienced
You can't compare the FM3 wait to the FM9. They're in different circumstances, the chip makers, the shipping companies, and Fractal learned a lot about getting things done from then until now.

When we were waiting for the FM3, all hell was breaking out, and nobody knew what to expect. We had lock-downs that stopped everything necessary to build the units. That's different from now.

And on top of all the things you listed, the FM3 wasn't shipping when the waitlist was announced. Don't remember how long it took but it was many months after the announcement that it ended up shipping.

FM9 was shipping the day it was announced.

Top Bottom