• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Waitlist Email

sprint

Fractal Fanatic
I realize how to see new posts. I'm wondering how so many heard about this announcement and joined a waitlist within hours of it being posted. Unless there's a lot of people that live in these forums.
A lot of people follow the forum closely. The forum tools allow this without having to live here. Having been on here since when I owned an Ultra 10+ years ago I would say that its par for the course - lots of people jump on new product annoucement waitlists immediately (within hours). Personally I don't get it being one who usually purchases tech mid-cycle and in the case of direct sellers like Fractal, when the exchange rate seems most favorable.

Hellbat

Fractal Fanatic
I realize how to see new posts. I'm wondering how so many heard about this announcement and joined a waitlist within hours of it being posted. Unless there's a lot of people that live in these forums.
I'm subscribed to Leon and Brett's channels and saw the youtube notification. To be honest I thought I was groudhog daying April fools. Figured it might be a joke so I checked the forum.

Deadpool_25

Power User
I'm curious how so many people jumped on the waitlist so quickly. I mean, I like to browse the forums on a fairly regular basis, but it took me until Sunday the 29th to see this announcement. And I emailed my request immediately. Is there some magic notification setting for the 'News and Announcements' forum, or do you all just live on these forums day and night to have so many join this waitlist within the first few hours? I'm just curious...

Pro tip:
Go to News and Announcements section then go into the News forum. At the top, click Watch. Select new threads and receive emails.

And then check your emails often. :)

I’d bet you can even setup alerts through any major email provider that will send you a text message if you get an email that meets certain criteria.

Greg Ferguson

Fractal Fanatic
I'm subscribed to Leon and Brett's channels and saw the youtube notification. To be honest I thought I was groudhog daying April fools. Figured it might be a joke so I checked the forum.
That's pretty much what I experienced too. I thought it was a wayward April Fool's trick, and actually had to look at the clock on my computer, then I saw all the videos, reread the announcement and signed up. If I was more naive/trusting I might have saved myself 30 minutes before getting on the list.

Greg Ferguson

Fractal Fanatic
I’d bet you can even setup alerts through any major email provider that will send you a text message if you get an email that meets certain criteria.
That's what I have set up. My mail app will bounce the icon, spew a notification, and copy the email to another folder so I'll have two copies in case I do something stupid and unintentionally erase the original.

jakel

Power User
I learned my lesson with the FM3. When the wait list was announced I thought, I don't know if I need something more than the AX8. I was pretty happy with how it sounded. Fool. Eventually I was overcome with GAS due to the Tones I was hearing from the FM3 videos. So this time there was no thinking involved, just rushing to get the email out. We live, we learn. I'm happy riding the Fractal train. Sorry wife, every so often a new unit will come out, and I WILL buy it.

jaycroft97

Inspired
I'm curious how so many people jumped on the waitlist so quickly. I mean, I like to browse the forums on a fairly regular basis, but it took me until Sunday the 29th to see this announcement. And I emailed my request immediately. Is there some magic notification setting for the 'News and Announcements' forum, or do you all just live on these forums day and night to have so many join this waitlist within the first few hours? I'm just curious...
I didn't get an announcement email until the 31st and promptly requested to be added to the list.

JasonE

I saw a post on the gear page then hopped over here. I had not been on here in quite a while.

@danserrano

Experienced
Where is this info? I’d like to know how many 100s of people I’m behind. I’m 8/29 11:40 EST
It’s all an estimate. No one but fractal knows exactly where one is on the list. They’re close to that 1:20 mark with invites so he’s guessing he’s close. They’ve been moving fairly quickly. Normally that first hour is loaded w tons of invites. The fact they’re almost thru 1/3 of that first hour is a great sign.

Top Bottom