Waitlist confirmation emails

scottp

Fractal Fanatic
Am I the only one?
To set the tone, I am not mad. Just curious about this.
I Joined the waitlist on Sunday August 29 2021 7:22:48AM.
I didn't receive any type of confirmation. I reached out to Fractal 2 more times and got a reply on 9/29/21.
They said that they received my waitlist request and sent confirmation emails that are automatically generated.
Well I still have not received any. I checked to make sure that both sales@fractalaudio.com and waitlist@fractalaudio.com are in my safe senders list.
I checked my blocked senders and no Fractalaudio.com are there.

So am I the only one this is happening to?

Thanks, I have been aware of that post since it was put up.
My case goes beyond that, that is why I am asking if others might still be experiencing the same thing as me.

this sounds like a unique issue for you. But it does seem like you're on the waitlist per Fractal's response. Waitlist is still on Aug. 27th so you have some time to sort it out; I guess my concern would be what happens to the invitation email once your name comes up

Am I the only one?
To set the tone, I am not mad. Just curious about this.
I Joined the waitlist on Sunday August 29 2021 7:22:48AM.
I didn't receive any type of confirmation. I reached out to Fractal 2 more times and got a reply on 9/29/21.
They said that they received my waitlist request and sent confirmation emails that are automatically generated.
Well I still have not received any. I checked to make sure that both sales@fractalaudio.com and waitlist@fractalaudio.com are in my safe senders list.
I checked my blocked senders and no Fractalaudio.com are there.

So am I the only one this is happening to?
I have experienced exactly the same thing. I signed up on 8/30/21 at 9:07AM. Fractal sales has confirmed that they received several of my requests. But I have never received any automated replies even though both sales@fractalaudio.com and waitlist@fractalaudio.com are whitelisted with my email provider and always have been. I have successfully received waitlist responses in the past, the last being the FM3 for example. However this time, there is no indication that any Fractal auto-generated emails ever hit my providers server even to be rejected by some filtering mechanism that has never been active anyway to the best that I can determine.

I will admit though that the email service that I have been using for decades now is currently owned by Spectrum. You can draw your own conclusion about how well that might be working.

this sounds like a unique issue for you. But it does seem like you're on the waitlist per Fractal's response. Waitlist is still on Aug. 27th so you have some time to sort it out; I guess my concern would be what happens to the invitation email once your name comes up
He received a response to a unique query, so I would guess that Fractal's domain isn't blocked on his side - just duplicate emails are being filtered between Fractal and his inbox.

We go through this same crap with Banks and whatnot - spam filters make sure that we don't receive their email in certain accounts - other email accounts - fine, they get through, but with some email accounts their spam filters prevent us form receiving them. ...which can be a bit of an issue when it comes to bank correspondence.

If it's "a must have thing", for someone, then I might be a little concerned if it's obvious that emails that are identical are getting filtered before they're reaching those people as there could be a possibility that invitations wouldn't get through IF they are sending out a lot of them and they are identical.

With these waitlists, many are concerned that they receive this next greatest thing as soon as possible, so, with that in mind, it could be something that Upper management looks into, in concern to these invitations - uniquifying invitations (or whatever).

I don't think I have heard of invitations getting lost in the mail? ... but there was a write-up about the confirmation emails which are getting lost in the mail - it's a known thing, so, that's happening a lot. That being said, no, this isn't a unique thing happening to anybody, and there was a posted warning to that effect from Fractal.

I guess, for now, just keep an eye on the waitlist thread? People posting their dates etc., that would come in handy for the OP, as he can contact Fractal if his time has come and gone by an hour or two. These invitations don't expire, so there's no boat to be missed by just checking the Waitlist thread for times and dates etc.

Last edited:
I have experienced exactly the same thing. I signed up on 8/30/21 at 9:07AM. Fractal sales has confirmed that they received several of my requests. But I have never received any automated replies even though both sales@fractalaudio.com and waitlist@fractalaudio.com are whitelisted with my email provider and always have been. I have successfully received waitlist responses in the past, the last being the FM3 for example. However this time, there is no indication that any Fractal auto-generated emails ever hit my providers server even to be rejected by some filtering mechanism that has never been active anyway to the best that I can determine.

I will admit though that the email service that I have been using for decades now is currently owned by Spectrum. You can draw your own conclusion about how well that might be working.

@tealtonerick guess what, I'm with Spectrum too!
But, I was on the AX8 And FM3 waitlist with the exact same email address without any problems, but it was Time Warner back then!?? :oops:
Who knows...

@tealtonerick guess what, I'm with Spectrum too!
But, I was on the AX8 And FM3 waitlist with the exact same email address without any problems, but it was Time Warner back then!?? :oops:
Who knows...
Yep, I did wonder if that might be the case. TW wasn't the best in the world by any stretch. But Spectrum service is just terrible in my book.

I got my order invitation at 1:33pm today (EST). I had gotten my waitlist confirmation email on 8/27 at 1:59pm (EST).

Yep, I did wonder if that might be the case. TW wasn't the best in the world by any stretch. But Spectrum service is just terrible in my book.
Yeah, I didn’t get an auto response from my regular Spectrum email. I sent another request later from my Apple email account and got one almost immediately. They had received my first email though.

Funny thing, I did get a personal response from sales@fractalaudio.com on all 3 of my Spectrum accounts, when I notified them of my concern.
And again, I have the spam and approved senders set to receive all email from Fractal.
I'm thankful they reached out to me.
I guess I wait and see for a notification.

Funny thing, I did get a personal response from sales@fractalaudio.com on all 3 of my Spectrum accounts, when I notified them of my concern.
And again, I have the spam and approved senders set to receive all email from Fractal.
I'm thankful they reached out to me.
I guess I wait and see for a notification.
As a regular matter of email processing, legitimate list servers add headers identifying themselves, as does Fractal’s. Unfortunately, over-aggressive spam filters find those, and, especially smaller, understaffed, providers, don’t keep up-to-date on ways to avoid throwing legitimate email into a black hole. It’s correct to blame the spammers and it’s nice that the providers try to filter the junk, but it hurts us, the customers. Hopefully you talked to Fractal’s sales and explained the problem, and they have a way of changing the email record to point to your Gmail or a more reliable account.

I use Apple and Google’s email, and both were trashing the responses from the list server. Fractal got it working after a couple days but I still haven’t received a response directly from the server. Luckily, or nicely, Matt looked into it and responded directly to me to talk me off the ledge. I was much earlier on the list and received my invitation as a matter of course, so I know that part is working.

I’m tracking the progress of the invitations and currently they’re still on the first day of the signup, processing mid-afternoon, and progressing about four minutes/day. That might not sound like a lot, but I suspect that the FM9 was the biggest product they’ve had, so a lot of people requested invitations.

Be patient, it’s a really nice unit and well worth the wait.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom