Waiting list????

No email here. I had some confusion on when I actually got on the list ( sent request last fall - reconfirmed in early spring - got email reply confirmation second time ) ..

Iv a have had email from sussi (g66)

They are expecting a large shipment in 40 days which should cover all there orders on the waiting list they have.

Can,t wait

Should be in time for Christmas it's good it justifies the extra expenditure to call it my Xmas prize of the wife, kids and me. LOL

I'm anxious to find out the status of the list. If my coupon comes in before christmas I will buy one for sure, but after that and unfortunately, I cannot. :cry: I think it's a lost cause hoping....

It's kinda sad

that a modern world company is up on the market without being able to manufacturing their own stuff, creating a joke as a waiting list and don't provide ANY information for their customers about the position of this list. I think at least they should give a number to everybody on the waiting list, create a page on their website and put every number on it that has been served, so you can have a clue about the the time your number's up..

Managing the expectations of a web based community is more than just a little challenging. People are free to make comments and offer suggestions but only FAS knows the real deal and ultimately it is their decision. FWIW emailed sales regarding my position in the list earlier this week and received a response just over 24 hrs later. I thought it was better customer service than I receive from 90% of the companies I deal with.

I sat on the fence for a while before accepting the reality of the situation isnt going to make anyone happy. I doubt Sussi enjoys waiting for units any more than we on the list and in all honesty I'm at a loss as to how they can stay in business when they have so few units so far apart to sell.
With the release of the II I was optimistic but once again, seeing lists and others being supplied units from the get go while the backlog for the G66 list goes so far back they struggled and couldnt supply myself ( and no doubt many others ) the previous product and once again poor Sussi through no fault of her own told us the II's were coming and we'd be supplied in June..then July...then the list spoke of 2 large shipments in August and we're pushing halfway through the month already and havent heard a thing. I know this isnt the Ultra, and I know FAS are doing their best to supply units. But these are the exact same emails I've been getting since about January 2011 after the 1st estimate for my order expired and sadly ever since have heard nothing but " You're on the top of the list ", " If we get a good sized shipment your order will be on it " since March of this year. Giving the benefit of the doubt is good up to a point. Sure, if they were phasing out the ultra and couldnt talk about the II under contract but wanted to keep customers on the hook to keep their business alive it makes sense. But now with the new product released, the old promises staying the same yet the units have been supplied to many who didnt have to wait any time at all it does give a feeling of deja vu. In no thread have I or will ever complain about the price difference. But once again as another month ebbs away with no contact from G66, but a clarification from Cliff that the TM waiting list had 16 units shipped out this week it does echo this same " Alright, the units exist but why do we have to wait so long to get a unit from the official EU vendor " ? If I'd signed up when the axe II was announced I'd have no problem with waiting in line. But to be " top of the list " since March and yet to be supplied nothing while many II's have been supplied to much shorter lists and in cases, no lists at all can only cause 1 reaction - frustration. Since it was announced 16 went to TM this month, would it be too much to ask how many are going to G66.EU this month too ? The MFC-101 I was told has been put aside but it must be very hard for G66 to sit on it for me while I'm waiting for a unit to use it with since that's a perfectly good €700 sale.

Last edited:
To the OP, I got mine a month ago after waiting on the list about a year. Fractal will sell what they can at full price and keep a few in reserve, and then when they have extra they will honor the list. Demand is high, production is slow. Only you can decide if the $ is worth the wait. In retrospect, I should have paid the $100 a year ago, but a combination of cheap and stubborn kept me from it.
Can't speak to the G66 issue.
I'm having a lot of fun with it, I can say that. Hang in or pay the $, it's all good!

Back
Top Bottom