Waiting list protocol

josephyballew

Inspired
I bought my Axe 3 the first day it came out. It is the best processor on the planet, and the customer support is second to none. A waiting list is good for people to get on the list for their FC Controller. The problem I have is when you buy your unit, you should be made aware of the list exist. The people who buy their unit first should be the first to get their controller. I agree with the waiting list. What I don't agree with is not making everyone aware of it. Another thing, you should not be able to buy a controller if you have not purchased the Axe until all who have bought one have theirs. Cliff, I would suggest when someone buys the Axe FX, it should be put in their unit box, email, or something stating there is a waiting list. It is way wrong for 50 people to already have an Axe FX already bought and some guy buy one today, but got put on the waiting list at the beginning because he comes on the forum everyday for the controller. He gets his controller then, while 50 others wait because they did not know a waiting list existed. With a top notch support like Fractal, I would have thought this would not exist. Maybe management has not done the math on it all. People who buys their unit needs to be put on the waiting list that day if they want a controller. You guys are dropping the ball letting people know about the list. Some will come back and say, but it was on the forum. Some of us have lives and don't stay on the forum 24/7.

My point was that when you buy the AXE, you should have been made aware of the wait list then. Not everyone stays on the forum. The first people who buy should be the first ones to get their unit. I don't have a problem with the wait list, but have a problem that it was not made aware when I bought the unit. I don't have another controller and can't use it out live. I think I am about 2 weeks away at the most right now and what I am saying will not affect me now. But in the future when someone buys an Axe, they need to be made aware there is a list. That is the most fair way to do it. The way it is now, they put it on the forum and it gets buried in a few days. I found out about a month after the list started. I should have been made aware by email or by when I purchased the unit. I come on this forum maybe once a month or so. Email or when you purchase the unit is the only fair way to let people know when a waiting list starts. Now if a guy goes on the forum everyday sees that day of a waiting list. Well, I will wait until I get my controller until I order my Axe, or 50 people behind a person buys their unit and does not go to the forum regularly and not aware of a waiting list. That sucks any way you look at it. I am 100 percent behind the waiting list. I am not behind letting people know on a forum. An email, phone call, or instruction when you buy the unit is the only thing that makes sense. I was glad to get my axe before the controller and I have been patient waiting, but when the controllers come out the first people to buy should be getting on the list first and made aware of the list. This needs to be fixed at the sales level. Cliff stated above, he has nothing to do with the waiting list, but would forward the info. I think when this is looked at, this is the only fair way to do a list. Number one, you have to know a list exist through email or when you buy the unit. I am all for the waiting list, but all need to be aware.

Given the projection has been to fulfill all the waitlist orders in a short time, and have the FC’s readily in stock moving forward, I don’t think it’s going to be necessary as this is a temporary problem.

Someone who buys a III this March will most likely be able to get a FC with it.

Perhaps said ideas could be good for a IV release, BUT, the current FC was intended to be ready along side the III, so the whole delay and waitlist really shouldn’t of happened. I’m sure Cliff and company are very salty it did, but things happen. I bet darn sure FAS is not going to have it happen again either.

Paragraph breaks would make a public forum comment readable.

If it is for “mgmt” only then a direct email or phone call would be more productive; imo.

Just a general comment, because I agree with your intent... I don't think there was an actual FC wait list at the time the Axe Fx III started shipping, so this would not have been possible.

Matt posted in a recent thread on the wait list processing order about a "wait list for a wait list".

I told Joe in an email that I really like his suggestion.
A paper in the Axe-Fx III box could have said, "Add yourself to the FC Controller Waitlist!"
I don't imagine that the opportunity will soon present itself to do this, but if it does, we'll do it.

Would it be, or have been, possible to send out purchase invites in the chronological order that customers purchased their III's ?

If you guys knew on Dec. 15th that you were getting say 500 in, and planned to start shipping on Jan 2nd, would it of been possible to have sent an email to the first 500 folks that bought the III saying something like "Thanks for purchasing your III, we appreciate your patience in waiting for the FC but we hope you'll find it worth the wait. We would like to give you the opportunity to be first to purchase one when they start shipping on ____"

If someone wanted one, they paid, they ship out when ready. If someone didn't want one, or didn't respond in a given time period, they are skipped. More units are coming in, send out more invites.

That would give those early purchasers, who will have had their III for nearly 10 months, the first units and show some added appreciation for those early adapters, who paid the full price, bought without knowing a FC time frame etc...

Logistically that seems to me like it would be easier since there is a record of who bought and when, and doesn't require any added lists, people knowing to ask to get on a list etc. If you bought your III in April, and you want a FC, you get one before someone who bought in May, and before someone who bought in December and so forth... I don't think anyone could really complain (but I'm sure I'd be proven wrong) about that type of hierarchy, and there really isn't any reason why someone would need to buy a FC if they haven't already bought a III. What point would it serve other than to resell, and mean that someone who bought a unit already needs to wait that much longer.

It is what it is right now, and obviously the delay and release didn't go the way anyone would of wanted, but such is life, we move on, and sooner or later we'll all be happy and spend time enjoying our units. For future releases though, I think purchase invitations linked to your order would be a bit easier and clearer than adding a note telling people to sign up for a wait list.

Or, maybe just make the FC work with a hypothetical Axe IV! LOL

I have a III and dont care about the FC, so to me it wouldn't matter, assuming everyone wants a FC is wrong. Life is not fair, so sometimes you don't get your way and people beat you to things.. just the way it is.

A suggestion would be to add a legit "Pre-Order" in the store, where people can pre-order the FC, would be shown in the store like a normal product, and would allow Fractal to project interest and order proper amounts of stock.

Back
Top Bottom