"Waiting for Tuner" on MFC

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I'm a dinosaur around here so I've tried the usual. Running 7.0 and the tuner page on the AXE FX II is set to the tuning screen. I can't get the MFC to do tuning? I can't see what I'm missing in the MFC menu to change this. Ideas?

do you have the real sysex set to the proper settings on the axe? what are your connections? cat5? midi?

I/O Menu -> MIDI -> Send realtime sysex: [No / Tuner / Tempo / ALL]: Select ALL ... make sure, one of your IAs on the MFC is programmed to the Tuner ...

Somebody hep me!

Am I missing something? For the tuner on the MFC to work, the Axe FX has to be set to tuner. Otherwise "Waiting on Tuner" forever. So if you have the tuner set to mute while you tune (which hopefully you do), the Axe FX is muted. I flunked out of computer programming so somebody please tell me you can pull up the tuner with the MFC somehow without it being a two step process. That is the main reason I bought one.

The MFC should be sending a CC to put the Axe in/out of tuner mode when you use the switch. Check if "Tuner" is set to (CC#) 15 at the Axe I/O: CTRL page. I'm not sure it has to be CC#15, but that's the default so try that first.

The MFC should be sending a CC to put the Axe in/out of tuner mode when you use the switch. Check if "Tuner" is set to (CC#) 15 at the Axe I/O: CTRL page. I'm not sure it has to be CC#15, but that's the default so try that first.

Yep, tuner is set to #15. It will pull it up as long as you manually set the Axe Fx to tuner. But then once you change presets on the MFC it changes the preset on the Axe Fx and the tuner must be manually activated again. I've done a system restore and tried different midi cables/2 midi cables, etc.....same result.

After fighting it all night I finally did a system restore on both the Axe and the MFC and that seems to have fixed it. Lost all my settings but at least the tuner works. Oh joy.

Back
Top Bottom