Wah won't turn off......

Bry Guy

It appears I have the opposite problem as most folks.

I'm using my AX-8 in "Preset" mode. I have two patches that won't allow my wah to disengage when I take my foot off the pedal.

I've compared the wah settings to the other presets and they appear to be the same. I'm not sure why the wah stays on only for those two patches.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like you have auto engage enabled and it doesn't disengage on heel down? I'd check the modifier and make sure your pedal is getting the full sweep to 0. If not, make sure it's calibrated properly.

Alternately you could just copy a working block from another preset and see if that fixes it.

I'll give that a try. It has to be something minor, especially if it's working right on my other presets.

I'll read up on copying a block too.....

Tried copying and pasting. Still have the same issue.

If I unplug the expression pedal, I don't have the problem. But then I don't have wah on my other presets.

This is so frustrating

I can understand how frustrating it can be. So, go into the WAH block, I'm going to assume you are connecting your modifier to the Control field and press Enter to view the modifier. Check and make sure that your pedal has a full range of motion in the page that shows up. If it doesn't, it's probably a problem with calibration or some of the initial modifier settings aren't setup properly.

Check this link out:

Also, i'm not sure if AX8-Edit will report the modifier moving on the screen when you move the pedal. I'd recommend viewing that part on the AX8 unit itself.

Arrggghhhh!!!!!

:angry:

I totally forgot to right click the control wheel and set up the pedal for "Medium Position"

I knew it would be something simple like that.

Thanks a million!! Everything is working as it should now.

Back
Top Bottom