Wah Wah Audio "Commercial" (1967)

Funny I never heard one of these commercials (let alone saw the terrible exotic dancers - LOL) - they must have only aired on the coasts in the very largest markets - NY, LA, and SF

At least they never played/aired in western PA (Philly might have seen one "leak over" from NY city), OH, WV, MD, northern VA, and no I was not doing drugs back then so that wasn't the reason I don't remember :D .

Yeah never saw those either. Amazing that they exist. This is how "marketing" gets the rep it has.

First wahs I heard I think were Disraeli Gears, After Bathing At Baxter's, Axis Bold As Love, all that stuff around '67. Those were all intensely awesome, and would have been with or without a wah.

Yeah never saw those either. Amazing that they exist. This is how "marketi

First wahs I heard I think were Disraeli Gears, After Bathing At Baxter's, Axis Bold As Love, all that stuff around '67. Those were all intensely awesome, and would have been with or without a wah.
nailed it. Those were the Ur-wah albums for me as well....Eric was awash in it on Disraeli and Jorma and Jimi defined psychedelia With it.
but I would be remiss in my Zappa-worship if I didn’t point out that it’s documented that Hendrix bought his first Vox wah immediately after he had heard Frank use it July67 in NYC at his residency at the Garrick theater....though Frank didn’t get the wah on albums until 68.....

That is funny. I never saw these ads in the 60's. I first heard the wahwah pedal on Jimi Hendrix "Axis Bold As Love" lp, and Cream "Disraeli Gears lp.

Note that the video title of the first video says "radio spot" which would explain why nobody saw them. ;)

Probably explains why the footage doesn't really go with the ad and likely why Matt said:

Just minimize the window so you can hear it as intended without visual distractions.

Go Electric Prunes! The clip without/with the wah was funny...instant awesomness or what...??!?!?!

"If you're a professional musician, or wanna sound like one, get with the new Vox wah-wah pedal".....heh.

It's just that simple!

I really enjoyed this. Just minimize the window so you can hear it as intended without visual distractions.
I watched the whole thing...couldn’t stop watching it..at the end...it loaded another that I watched... a Gibson LP record demonstrating the Gibson Maestro Fuzz... :)

Back
Top Bottom